How can I convince my parents?

I am obsessed with MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and I litterally can't think about anything else It's all I want to do and it would be great if I can make a career out of it but my parents totally disagree with this idea. They say it has no future but they are wrong. It has great future if you are special. Am I special? I've never trained with someone smaller than me or weaker than me, I don't lose easily fighting bigger opponents (in training) and I defeat them sometimes and all the coaches that've trained me said to me in all seriousness please don't stop, you're special. So, am I special? I think so but my question is ---------> How can I convince my parents? by the way I told them all the things I wrote above.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't. All you can do is prove them wrong. :)
    Sometimes people will never be convinced until they see it for themselves. The more you desperately try to convince them, the more discouraged you will find yourself at their lack of belief. Just stay true to yourself, maintain your passion, follow your dreams and let any words that don't support and encourage you become background noise.

What Girls Said 1

• Have a steady job on the side but try and get in a few matches that pay money. That's like trying to pursue a career as an NFL player. Not everyone can do it. And it's unlikely. But if it's your dream and you're confident, try your hardest and don't let anyone discourage you!

What Guys Said 1

• I would have a back up plan. Most MMA fighters don't make a lot of money, and very few still do full contact fighting past the age of 40. It may seem promising now, but the retirement plan sucks.