What are the chances a 40 year old woman would go with a 26 year old man. She's about to turn 40, he recently turned 26?

Just curious. Too big of an age gap?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. It's not the 14 years - it's the difference in where you are in your lives. I'm 46. A man 14 years older than me is likely getting ready to retire, while I'm in the prime of my career. A man 14 years younger is probably just approaching the age when he's ready to settle down, and that's been-there-done-that for me. I'm not saying I would not consider someone far from my own age, just that when I have gone out with guys who weren't close to me in age, what was important to us in our current stage of life made us incompatible.

What Girls Said 11

• Only to recapture her youth. I doubt she'd take you seriously.

• She looks and feels 25

• Doesn't mean they're immature, it means they like what they like

• Yes, the comparable situation of men your age or older chasing minors; they definitely just "like what they like" and aren't trying to take advantage of young girls' naivety for sex.

• Depends on if she's into younger guys or nah.

• She has been with younger guys, but, typically stays with older

• Well I think that if they are in love and they are are really head over heels in love, if he makes her happy and she makes him happy then I think the chances are 100% now of course there will be some moments where they might have a few arguments about his and her age, but I personally don't think they should let that get in the way if they both love each other then go for it... age is just a number!!!

• After 18 of course, before it, it's stat. rape

• After 18 perfectly fine... before... kiss love goodbye... joking... but just know you're fine after 18 everything will be alright just leave it in fate's hands.

• She might do it for the sexual benefits but these relationships do not end well.

• Sex benefits?

• Yes, you are younger then her and hotter then the guys her age probably.

• Doubt it. She was dating a guy her age, who looks my age. She looks my age as well

• If she's into it, you have a fair chance. If she's not, you probably don't have a chance in hell.

• If she likes young men the chances are big.

• Depends. Is she a cougar?

• If 40 is considered cougar age

• If she like you, chances are decent.
    Whether it be long term or not... who knows!

• I don't know

Maybe zero

• The chances are very very very low.

• not very high.

What Guys Said 8

• Wow everyone's being so pessimistic. I don't think your odds are that low of being together if she actually likes you.

• If she was attractive I would date her. I'm tired of these dumb 22-25 year old girls who are flaky as hell and don't know what they want.

• Depends if he's hot or not, she probably doesn't actually take him seriously. A 40yo and a 26yo are poles apart in life.

• I don't know the chances, but my mom is 60 and dates guys in their thirties.

• I was say 50/50. Yes or no.

• 20% chances

• No

In my case, I was 22 and my girl was 32 for first relationship. It was serious

It works and sometimes it doesn't

Think of it like, age before beauty

• When I was 19 I was with a 42 year old woman. Anything is possible and age truly is just a number unless your name is Duggar.

• What happened to the relationship?

• No, that was the deciding factor. Had they had better sex, she wouldn't have cheated

• Well thank you for educating me on my past and on semantics.