What do you think of this video of US Pilots killing British soldiers?

Just curious as to what y'all think about this.

Most Helpful Guy

• This was a terrible thing that happened. Do I think the pilots were at fault? No, they were given confirmation that there were no friendliest in the area. However, I think they should have looked into it a little more when they had reason to believe that there were friendlies in the area. It's sad that this happened, but sadly, sometimes mistakes happen.

• The reply came back there were no friendlies in the area, so that meant that everything was a legitimate target.

• Yes, that is true to an extent. Bur when they radioed back they should have asked them to double check because of seeing vehicles marked with the orange. Either way the situation sucks, but the pilots should have made 100% sure that those were not friendlies. This is actually a training video that we use now, pretty much everyone involved got into a shit ton of trouble, can't remember if they actually went to jail though or not

What Girls Said 2

• I think they were going by what they were being told. It liked like rockets on top and they were told it wasn't friends so I think they were following orders. It's terrible they have to live with knowing what they did. Mistakes like that are tragic.

• Thank you for posting this, very interesting. Friendly fire does happen unfortunately, it's war.

• Yeah but, The US pilots said at least half a dozen times that the tanks had Orange things on them, Which during the conflict, Orange was used ontop of Anglo-Britsh/American vehicles to prevent this very situation.

Seems to me like the US pilots saw friendlies, Got told they werent, And then opened fire against their better judgement.
      Any person in that situation with common sense would have disobeyed the attack order on the grounds of avoiding friendly fire. Yes, These pilots felt extreme remorse for their actions, But their actions could have been avoided. (Lets not also forget, The British tanks also had MASSIVE Union Jack flags on their decks)

What Guys Said 2

• That happened 12 years ago. And it was a fuck-up, just like any FF is a fuck-up. Pilot got confirmation that there were no friendlies in the area. It was a tragedy, but in war, tragedies happen.

• Tragic mistake, similar to Pat Tillman's death.