If you really don't like/ have feelings for someone do you treat them like crap?

If you dont like a girl more than a friend would you be an asshole? I told my friend I liked him and since then he's been treating me like shit. I haven't done anything to offend him. I am getting a new job and leaving in a few weeks (we are coworkers) so maybe that has something to do with it? Help?

Conclusion: I've tried talking to him about this. He's in denial. Long story short we don't talk anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Treat em mean keep em keen." <-- This could probably be the reason. Asshole= insecure no matter what. No exceptions when it comes to this rule. Try to keep that in mind girl :) . He probably likes it that you like him and wants to keep it that way and also won't do anything about it because he's probably scared that you would find him undesirable in a certain way. This doesn't necessarily mean he likes you. Some people just like the attention and don't know how to deal with it.

• I've tried to talk to him but we got into an argument of course and he tried to pin it all on me. So... We dont talk anymore. Its okay though. I'm leaving my job in two weeks so.

What Guys Said 2

• Talk to him. Ask him why he's treating you like shit. Maybe he's spiteful that you ruined the friendship.

• I made it clear that I didn't expect anything more than a friendship from him and yet he still treats me like this.

• Ah well what can you do? C'est la vie. Sounds like you may have lost a friend, but it's not your fault. He's not being mature. I'd just let it be. If he wants to reconnect then he can.

• Thanks! I'm just gonna leave him alone.

• It's the Christian thing to do but most likely he is butthurt and likes you.

What Girls Said 2

• Not really but I always end up hurting the people I care about :(

• He sounds like an asshole. It's really rude of him to act like that.

• I know. He almost made me cry because he was such an asshole to me at work.