Should I throw away my journal? or keep it to look back in the future?

So, I have this journal, every night i put my thoughtss, feelings, etc in there. I was reading them back into them today after I found them in my drawer hidden. (So close to getting over him feels like 3% left) I read back and realized no wonder I'm off happy without him and I thought us had a thing, but after reading it, (I can't really replay what happened in the past that happened over text) realized what happened, and what a waste of my precious teenage life it was after everything I lost that I may need to relearn (it will take time) So, I was wondering, since I started a fresh start on a new journal not talking about my ex, should i throw the other one away that i talked a lot about my ex that is reminding me about everything?

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on you actually.

For me, I keep all my journals - travel, daily etc. They remind me of my past, what I learned from it. And I know from the old journals, that I have made progress as a human being. Looking back at my journals when I was 13 years old, I thought to myself "oh how foolish and childish I was" etc and I'm glad I made a lot of progress and is constantly improving myself.

Looking back at some of my sad entries in the journals, I realized that I was stupid to be sad over stuffs like that now. My friendships, relationships problems shaped me into the person I am today. Looking back at the troubles I faced, I realized I have grown a lot as an individual. Those sad experience did me some good, in fact.

Maybe you could keep it, but hidden in a drawer or something. Few years later, when you look back, I'll be sure you will realized how much you've grown into and these things didn't mattered to you any longer. 😊

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• I usually keep old entries because it reminds me of the progress I have made as a human being.
    Just imagine reading your entries years later from now, you'll be able to look back at those experiences and realize how much you have grown as a person.
    Reflecting on bad experiences sometimes does us good.
    It's good to have a reminder.

• KEEP it. you never know when you're gonna want to fish it out for the memories, nostalgia, or detective work :)

• Keep it. I keep all of mines.

• you should keep it.