Why do tourists sit and lie down on the ground or grass?

Isn't it weird for them to see people looking at them like they're homeless or begging for change?

(presuming they're in a country where those things aren't done - and it's apparent to them it's out of place)

Most Helpful Guy

• why is it just tourists? Lots of people I know simply go lie in the grass and such in parks just to be out side and get some sun...

• thanks for MHO, may I ask where you are form where people don't go in parks to sit down?

• Croatia... ________________________________________

• Interesting... well, a mystery then! I am sure there is history/a reason for it...

What Guys Said 8

• one of traits i admire our lovely tourists is they really don't, imean not even a tiny teeny , care about what the other's reaction of the result of their behaviors. it's some kind of state we aren't gonna reach in this life. don't you think you could do that, i bet 10 bucks you can't.

• I see many tourist from Europe do it over here a lot

• You look at them as they're tourists though, since you're posting this

Here we do lie on the grass too
    It's really nice, you should try it

• wtf? Lying on the grass is totally normal, and very pleasant. You're weird if you don't.

• Obviously you haven't read the comments below... It's different in each country.

• What a weird question

• I saw this everyday and always thought it was the weirdest thing

• they are probably trying to mark there territory.

• this is unfair

What Girls Said 1

• Do people not sit on the grass in parks where you live?

• Nope. We have benches...

Mostly because people who walk dogs a lot of the time don't pick up after them so it's actually not clean nor good for your health to sit on the floor - as if that wasn't apparent before.

• Oh! So it's very hazardous! It's really common for people from the US, Canada, and UK to go to the park and sit in the grass so they probably just think everyone is at work or something. That's so interesting though. I have to say I would never think to not sit in the grass!