How to become confident?

I'm quite a shy person, but I want to change that, as I have aa reputation for being shy.. how ccan I change people's opinions nd become a confident girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people only think of confidence as a collection of shallow clich├ęs they learned from their (well-intentioned, but misinformed) mothers: “Be yourself!” “Don’t be afraid to be who you are!”
    You have to believe in yourself. What I mean is, there’s one simple thing that we
    can all read naturally on the surface of everyone we meet: body language.
    So in order to be more confident, your body must ''send'' positive messages to people you meet. And to do that you must control your emotions. Your subconscious mind is home to your emotions, so whatever you’re feeling at any given moment tends to show automatically in your body language. To get control of your emotions you must believe in yourself. If you believe you're worth something, others will believe it too. If you don’t believe you have high value, your body language will project negative messages instead.

What Guys Said 1

• Do things you are uncomfortable with

What Girls Said 3

• First of all, it isn't a bad thing to be shy. Everyone is different and it can actually be quite charming. Not all girls have to be superloud so you shouldn't want to change yourself. However, it is good to be confident. I think you need to feel good about yourself first before being able to show other people that confidence. Name one of your good features every day when you stand in front of the mirror, this is a good trick to start loving yourself. Think of your good qualities and make sure you enhance them. For example, if you are really funny, you can tell a joke when you are in a group. Try meeting new people, talk to them even if it's scary at first. If you do it more often, you will get more confident gradually. Good luck!

• By not giving a f ^^
    But seriously, speak up if you feel like saying something

• People again confidence through experience. You need to go outside of your comfort zone. So you have to face your fears. You have to put yourself in uncomfortable situations to be able to combat your fears. Over time you will become less shy. Good Luck! x