What are you by profession?

You can choose to be specific, or if you don't want to, you can just give a generalised answer.

I am talking about professional career.
You can also choose to include your areas of expertise in professional career.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, my career is longer than most here. I am older than many here. I am a molecular biologist but I currently have my own company that trades in biotech stocks and advises those looking to acquire biotech companies. I got my PhD back in 1988 and worked initially in bacterial genetics studying gene regulation. I later moved into mice, studying site specific recombination and gene regulation in mammals. Throughout my career I have studied a variety of topics including straight gene introduction to the molecular mechanisms of carcinogenesis.
    I moved onto the business side of the field, working for a pharmaceutical company where I initially ran a lab but eventually ran a marketing group. I have worked for a number of pharmaceutical companies and have lived in a variety of companies. My last role was as VP for an entire business unit.
    I decided that I didn't like working for someone else and began to trade for a living, building my company from a one man operation into something larger. It is very demanding work, involving understanding the future trends in research as well as the current climate of the biotech business.
    I know that is a long winded answer, but it has been a long career.

• lived in a variety of *countries... (hate auto-correct)

• Wow, that's an interesting and successful career :).

• Thank you for MHO !

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 10

• I have several jobs currently.

- I am the IT Specialist for an Audio Video company. I do a lot of system design work, program our whole-home automation systems, design and configure fully-managed WiFi systems, and do some other general troubleshooting. I typically work about 30 hours a week doing that.

- On the weekends, I'm a mobile DJ. I do weddings, events, and parties, and I can provide music, audio (mics and instrument PA), and lighting.

- I do on-site computer consulting when I'm not doing work for the AV company. I also do device repair (smartphones, tablets, and computers). I'm slowly doing more of this, and will hopefully transition away from the AV work as this business grows, as it pays much better.

In the past, I have worked as an IT professional/manager for financial companies, as a videographer, briefly as a concert promoter, and very early on I delivered pizza and worked as a waiter.

• It would be hard to describe in laymans terms - I work for the welfare department of the irish government officially in the IT section but I am not a techie - I work as a liaison between the business side (various welfare schemes) and the IT people to work out what is feasible between IT requests from business and what the IT side can do. At the moment I am working at home making sure all the documentation provided is understandable to all.

• I'm a bachelor doctor here in India, studying for getting admission in internal medicine for my post graduation.

• I don't have a professional career right now but here pretty soon I'll be a professional trainer. In a several years I'll be a classical oil painter and traditional Chinese and Japanese painter as well and hopefully within the time frame of the two previously mentioned things I'll be able to finish my book and publish that.

• Though I suppose you could say right now I am pretty much a secretary/receptionist, not the most masculine job but it certainly ain't easy the movies make it look easy lol.

• if there's a question without an answer is this:

"wot do u wanna be when u grow up?"

wotever i did or tried to do i just gave it up in a few months at most

• I work in
    -financial analysis
    -commercial law
    I also have to translate contracts, financial comments quite often.

• I used to be in the health and life insurance business (outside sales agent as well as a call center rep ).

Now I am a math tutor at a charter school, I'm going for my teaching credential next year for middle / high school!

• I'm in law enforcement.

• Lead Operations Manager.

• work at a university