Why do people (Mostly Americans) hate football (soccer)? Don't get me wrong , I know it is not all of them?

And what do think of US VS Haiti if you watch it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally hate it because of the fanaticism it breeds. People make a big deal out of a fucking game. I've seen them put family and friends above it, hell in argentina (i lived there for 7 years), they put more expectation and pressure on soccer players than on POLITICIANS. Holigan bands have been formed because of it, and they fight, assault, loot, and break thing in the name of soccer. They KILL people in the name of a team or shirt, i remember being in argentina and seing the news of a woman being beaten an inch to death by a angry soccer fan whos team had lost to hers'. I had a friend who was 15 be robbed and beaten only for a Soccer shirt from 3 zealous, fans of that team, they being all older than 20.

Its a sport that breeds fanaticism and violence like no other sport on earth even BEGINS to breed.

Also its just boring as fuck.

What Guys Said 7

• Many Americans think it's boring, and I don't blame them. I'm Spanish, played in a soccer team for 13 years, watch every Real Madrid game, and think soccer is boring.
    The fact a game can end in a 0-0 is absurd, especially if you pay $300 to go watch it in person.
    I just watch the games of RM and USA cause there are feelings involved.

• I wouldn't say I hate it, it just doesn't catch and hold my interest. I can't watch baseball, either. Some American football, but even that...

I guess I'm just not a big sports fan, lol. :P

• I don't really enjoy watching it, not as much as American football.

Also, foreign countries often get on the U. S. for not embracing soccer, as though the whole world has to assimilate.

• I think it's just personal preference. I don't hate soccer but I prefer other sports like tennis, rugby and Australian rules football. I just find more is happening at once in those other sports.

• I am german and I hate soccer xD because I associate it with yelling drunken idiots.

• I have been playing soccer for 10 years and I love it

• Cuz it's boring as shit. most of the scores end up being 1-0.

Plus we have American football which is so much more exciting.

• Except that 80% of the "playtime" is full of interceptions and advertisement.

• It's more exciting when the clock stops and everyone resets the game every 10 seconds? The last 2 minutes of a football game take 15 minutes of real time due to all the time outs.

If football only gave 1 point per goal instead of 7 you'd have low scoring games as well.

• @dandeus Most football games don't end with 7-0 scores. more like 21-14 or so for a total of 5 scores. plus it's exciting when your team picks up 1st downs or stops the opposing team from getting 1st downs.

as far as stopping the action in American football, at least there's action to stop.

this is an accurate depiction of soccer from the simpsons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjp1Zrvn8VQ

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it's that people "hate" soccer/football. It just doesn't capture their interest like other sports do.

• I love soccer. Obviously, I mean look at my profile pic lol. But people around here think soccer is for pussies and only girls should play it.

• Well, to be honest, girls are more aggressive and have more balls when they play soccer. When a man gets pushed he cries like a baby, but women just stand up and keep playing.
      I noticed that during this last WWC.
      That's one thing I hate about soccer, how weak the players are.

• The men usually fake so the other player is penalized or so their team gets the back. The women definitely don't fake as much as the men. They'll bust their head open, jump up and get it wrapped to get back in. I love that about women's soccer.

• It just isn't fast-paced for me like hockey or basketball.

• It's rather boring in comparison to U. S. football and hockey... to be honest I'd rather watch baseball as well. I'd take soccer over golf though.

• Hockey will never be boring haha the first time I saw a hockey game I was on the edge of the couch all the time, and I didn't even know the teams hahaha now I'm a big Hockey fan :P

P. S.: I wouldn't consider golf to be a sport xD

• Why are you asking that, are you haitian?