Being called stocky: offensive or flattering?

Curious how the different genders perceive it. Are you flattered or insulted when someone calls you stocky?

Definition: a person broad and sturdily built.

• I'm female and flattered
  • I'm male and flattered
  • I'm female and insulted
  • I'm male and insulted

Most Helpful Guy

• I am stocky, and i know what it means. But accoring to girls, stocky doesn't mean broad shouldered and thick build. It means fat and flabby apparently.

So I'd be flattered if i guy was like "damn dude, your pretty stocky!". But if a girl called me stocky (knowing what her definition of it is), I'd be horribly offended.

What Guys Said 5

• Lol it's really funny seeing how the genders are split on this!
    I just see it as the broad shoulders and well built... so a compliment for me.

• I'm male and don't care who calls me stocky , i would think being offensive towards a humanoid is not good for me to do ,

• I honestly wouldn't care lol.

• For a guy its either a compliment or there indifferent. For a girl it's an insult. Simply because the word is descriptive of a masculine characteristic.

• I'd feel she was using it as a euphemism for my height.

I think girls would assume you're calling them fat.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't be too happy about that.

• I'd probably be insulted. Girls are generally not pleased about being called 'broad'.

• I've never been called stocky before... I'm not really broad and sturdy though so I would be confused.

• I don't like hearing it even though it's kinda true.