With things like KIK, Insta, Snapchat etc.. is there a point in having someones cell number anymore?

I have a smartphone. I only have it for the internet (wherever I can get it free). I don't use it as my actual phone, and actually have a basic phone for that. I love my basic phone because it sort of acts like a smartphone, only of course without internet and data plans. I don't even have a data plan on the Iphone, again, just used for the internet since it's not an activated phone.

So, I use things like Instagram, Kik, Snapchat etc... it allows you to communicate with people, usually using pictures etc.. which leads me to ask, is there a point in having someones cell number anymore?

I realize not everyone has a smartphone right now but, for those who do, is there a point in trying to get someones number anymore. Do you even talk on the phone anymore instead of text?

Most Helpful Girl

• I never text anyone. If I need to communicate with someone I just communicate with them through social media. It's easier to get in contact with them because you because you can just search for them compared to having to hunt down their number if you don't have it.

What Girls Said 1

• the title is so true hahaha

What Guys Said 2

• Get the phone number anyway! Not everyone leaves their data running on their phone (mobile data use is a big battery drain).

• i still text. i think having a phone number is important. I only recently got a smartphone, but i still make calls. I think its better if you know that the person on the other end got ur message. you can also clear up the tone, etc. also, if data is down, you can still call em! but don't get me wrong, i also use all those media you stated above.