Which race do you think has the tallest men?

I always thought that first it was blacks, then whites, Hispanics, Mexicans, and then Asians at the bottom. But being that I live in CA now, it seems like all I see is short people everywhere (of all races) and I'm 5'4 by the way so I'm pretty short myself.

But it seems like you only see really tall men in basketball or football and other sports. But anyway this is just a little fun poll question just want some opinions. Thanks for your answers.

And excuse me you all if I said Hispanics, I meant Spanish guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it is an interesting question. It is not a straightforward thing to answer. The first thing I would say is that genetics determines your MAXIMUM height but environmental factors like diet and external environment have a significant impact. That is why eskimos are taller when raised in the continental US than in their native regions in the North.
    I believe that the Dutch are the tallest nation at the moment with the average man being 6'0" tall. While ethnic groups like the Masai in Africa are VERY tall (over 6') there are also a lot of short Africans. So overall the average height of people in these nations is lower.

I will try to find some reliable information on height for ethnic groups that is more specific than Black, white, etc... Since we have such diversity, I dont think it tells you much to say black or white... as is the example with the Masai.

What Guys Said 12

• In the US, the average height is 5'9". White averages 5'10". Black averages 5'9" Latino average 5'7" I think.
    Pretty much the same for women too.

When you look at the tallest countries, the US is at the tail end of the top 10. Most of the ones in front of it are European. The top couple of countries are Nordic countries where the guys average 6'2" I think.
    The NBA isn't indicative to the average population.

All of that being said, genetics isn't the only thing that makes someone tall. There are studies that show that living in a healthy environment and having good nutrition as you are growing helps in growth.

• I think Dutch are actually the tallest. And even if they're not, they've got amazing windmills so they win anyway.

• I think there are some specific African ethnic groups (Masai?) that are tallest, followed by Dutch. Explains why like half the men in my family are 6'2"+ (and by half I mean 90%)

• I think on average white people tend to be a little taller than black. Yeah there are a lot of Mexican people in California which tend to be shorter. I use to live in an area with a lot of Mexican people and I towered over most.

• Umm Mexicans are Hispanics so there was no use of putting Hispanics then Mexicans that was just a waste of time,
    And I think Blacks and Whites have the tallest men, prolly Blacks first then Whites or pretty much the same I don't know

• The neatherlands have the tallest people on earth

• It is not so much about race, but instead the specific region a person comes from/ is descended from.

• *Sighs* okay.

• The average height for a man in Iceland is 5'10 and a half. The average French man is 5'8 and a half. In Mexico it is 5'7 and a half. In Brazil it is 5'7. So different regions produce different heights because of climate and diets.

• I would say African American. Look at the NBA

• I always thought northern European white men were the tallest on average...

• Hard question. i think Germans are tallest by the way i dont know what you call their race

• I'm Hispanic and I'm standing 6'4

• scandinavians and russians

• I've seen a lot of tall black men.

• Yeah I have to agree. The chances of ever seeing a tall Mexican, Hispanic, Asian or Any other non-black man other than white is slim to none.

What Girls Said 4