Why do people NEED pets in their lives?

I find that increasingly, people are not able to live without a pet. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Companionship, relaxation, theraputic. Some people have them for service pets and need them, literally, to get through the day.

For me, it's really stress relief and the unconditional love a pet gives you. I know this'll make me sound like a lonely asshole to some people, but my cat won't talk shit behind my back. I can cry to my dog, and he'll normally nip and scratch to get you to leave him alone, but then he'll lick my face and try to calm me down. My cats purring really relaxes me, actually puts me to bed. And their really good when I'm depressed, cause I have depression and it pops up a bit.

Finally, their fun as hell to look at. Give a cat a toilet paper roll and enjoy.

What Girls Said 10

• I guess it's mostly companionship. Pets are awesome.

• I don't need a pet to survive but it's a very comforting thing to have a pet in your life. It helps with loneliness and some people like me enjoy taking care of others so it's kind of like a outlet.

• why? because pets are awesome!!! they are always here for you

• I don't need pets in my life, but I like them! My dog is a great companion.

• u can talk to ur pet if u have a problem they will listen (I know its weird but it helps me) and u can snuggle with them. They just keep u company u know

• I heard cats are a good therapy/ emotional therapy.

• Having pets is very therapeutic.

• Because they're amazing.

• Everyone needs a best friend *woof* *meow* *tweet*

• I don't know owning dogs just makes my life better...
    Doing any sort of activity with a dog just makes it more fun; going to the beach, taking a hike, walking around the block etc etc.
    I like the company and responsibility that comes with owning a dog.

What Guys Said 10

• People need to feel unconditional love. Hollywood has done such a wonderful job portraying animals as furry people that it is extremely easy to anthropomorphize our pets. We think our pets love us, it is unconditional, so our need is met.

• Because people need affection, well being and quality of life, and pets help provide those things to people. :)

• We don't need them we just like having them around, I've never been without one, at all, ever since I was born there was always a pet in my house. That being said I could live without one, but it just wouldn't feel the same, so it's more that I like and want to have one around, but I don't need one.

• I love animals because of the unconditional love they show their owners. The trust they have that is so hard to break. They have these traits while humans don't, and that's why I love animals/pets.

• Living with a pet is less lonely than living on your own, plus you don't have the troubles that another human would bring.

• No other animal or person will be so loyal and loving as a dog, no matter what they will always be happy to see you. They're so freaking awesome

• Um because we like them. What is wrong with that. If you don't have a pet, cool, nothing wrong with that either. All a choice.

• Because if they get hungry...

• Better conversation that my Ex.

• Because people are lonely and lonely people need somebody to love.