Is being a bartender a good job?

I was considering going to bartending school and was wondering if bartending is a good job while going to university

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

• You have to be sociable, a people person, that has a good memory while multitasking. And yeah you need to be good at multitasking, you rarely have room to be a frazzled dick without a huge excuse.

• Young yes. Go to college but personally being in the service industry / food & Beverage bar tending can be great $$$$ and a lot get college degrees and go back to bar tending if you r good at it you'll make $$

• I've already talked to a few owners who said they would give me a few shifts while in university I just don't know how it will work out with the late hours of working and how much time school takes up

What Guys Said 3

• It is an AMAZING job as far as college jobs go. I often times take home $200-$300 in one day in tips alone.

• When young yeah, but go to school also

• I was planning on doing bartending on the side while going to university while earning some money on the side

• Yeah and depending what kinda bar u could sell some molly also

• Don't go to bartending school no employer takes that swriously. I worked as a bar back then bar tender. Work your way up with a resturaunt then once you finally get in there as a bartender you'll be good. You have "experience"