Why do some people have problem with self worth?

What makes them insecure and feel like they're worth very little?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a problem with that. I feel like I can't go a day without saying that I hate myself and that I don't deserve to be here and to have the things I have or deserve love. I am bipolar and have a lot of other mental health issues. In my mind, I just feel unworthy. I can't tell you exactly why. It's still a mystery to me.

What Girls Said 2

• Negative experiences, depression, anxiety, and a host of other mental/physical disorders.

• - Going through bad experiences, like being picked on or bullied
    - Not having a stable home life growing up
    - Not having friends or being close to anyone; feeling lonely
    - Feeling unattractive
    - Feeling stupid
    - Having depression and/or social anxiety (some people are genetically prone to certain mental illnesses)

What Guys Said 2

• Many of us have learned to base their self worth on other people's opinion of them.

In truth each of us has been created by God and has infinite worth. To anyone struggling with self-worth issues I suggest reading the (free at website) 42 pages:

The Centrality and Supremacy of the Lord Jesus Christ
    T. Austin-Sparks

It will change your whole view of life.

• life experiences, mental illness. you presume people or things never get affected.