In your opinion, what's the best gaming console?

• Old school consoles (Atari, NES, SNES, SEGA, N64, Gameboy, etc.)
  • DS, 3DS
  • Wii / Gamecube
  • Playstation (including PSP with this)
  • Xbox
  • PC master race
  • Other (specify in comments)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, PC isn't really a console, but the PC is very powerful and versatile and what I use for gaming. However, if just discussing consoles, alone, the SNES, PS1, and N64 were the greatest consoles, by far. While the N64 is one of my favorites mainly because there are several titles on it that I love, almost every SNES and PS1 game had an amazing level of polish to the game. They were very well designed, the developers had a passion for games, the composers were among the best of the video game world and are ones other game composers look up to, the stories were were so often carefully crafted, and the were just always a pleasure to play. The SNES and PS1's libraries were just filled with gaming gems. Almost every one of the games from each console were perfect. The consoles themselves were really well designed and the controllers of each were very durable and fairly well designed. They also have among some of the highest console sales in game history, as well. The Sega Genesis is also right next to the SNES along with the N64 next to the PS1, but the SNES and PS1 truly were the two greatest consoles ever made.

What Guys Said 17

• I loved my x360 to death. I know playstation and even more so pc is are better power horses, but I really like where Microsoft is taking the xone I love the kinnect as well.

I have had them all though, started with an n64, to a game cube, then I grew up and went the 360. I got a ps3 late in the last gen for cheap ps exclusives used, like uncharted or infamous. I think I will do that again with the ps4.

Wii (U) both are awful... I grew up on Nintendo and I am still I a die hard zelda fan but they need to get their act together.

as for Pc, I mostly just use steam for some RTSs.. nothing fancy, I dont like mouse and key board for FPS... too much going on for me and controller is way more comfortable for me.

I enjoy my 3DS too, loving the zelda games on there!

• I'm mostly a PC gamer, but if we are talking consoles, then I'll have to say Xbox. I've never played XboxOne, but i own an Xbox360 and its all i use. I have a PS3 but i haven't played it in a long time. I don't like the complicated game menu, and the controllers are uncomfortable to use. I have also played the PS4 and i wasn't impressed. It wasn't much different than the PS3, the graphics were just better.

• upload.wikimedia.org/.../SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg

SNES! it will always represent some of my best memories in games and in my opinion its when video games were at its best!

• Sega Megadrive. Changed everything. Followed by PS 1... that changed everything again.

• PC trumps all!

• Pc master race due to the fact that i can emulate all of the other games.

• B. What's not to love? :P

~Proud member of the New 3ds Master Race~

• Its hard to say its a tie beteen ps1, n64 and ps2.

• Nintendo 64 no contest.

• Playstation2 where you could still play the PS1 games along with the PS2 games.

• I voted a, I miss my n64

• Sega Dreamcast, may it rest in peace. It was a good idea but poorly executed.

• SNES ala 1990

• PS4 and PC, I've had an Xbox, never liked it tho, but old school stuff is fun as hell too.

• PC and 3DS master race

• People who play PC's one don't have games for groups of friends (loners) and they are always snobby dicks to other people. I don't really play much anymore except occasional super smash bros melee and some SNES so I picked old consoles.

• I think the only reason to get a console is for console exclusive games and content. But that's also an argument for buying a console; so they just put everything on PC.

Other than console exclusive releases, there's nothing a console can do that a PC can't.

What Girls Said 6

• Xbox and GBC. I have a ps3 but no party chat and the fact that everyone and their mothers can get on PSN make it a lot worse for me.

I wonder who put other and what they meant by that though. I play Battle Cats on my phone so... I guess that's what was meant by other?

• I voted D. My beloved PlayStation <3 :*

• Nintendo DS :D So many sleepless nights spent on playing nintendogs..

• Definitely PC. It can do everything that the others can, but better.

• I prefer PC, but I like Xbox a lot too.

• PC can have mods and different graphics