I'm going on a plane in a couple of hours, I have questions about extensions, and need a checklist and tips. Anyone :)?

SO,
the last time I was on a plane was 3 years ago, and actually I really really can't remember what it was like.
I am 16 by the way.
I sometimes use clip in extensions, and am a bit anxious about them making the metal detector go off. It's a very small airport, so it would be REALLY embarrassing to stand infront of a long line and whisper ''uh, it's just my fake hair'' - you get me?
Will they make it go off? Can I bring them in my carry on maybe? What will they look like on the x ray? I mean, wouldn't it look very suspicious that i'm bringing hair in my bag?
What is it like to fly for 2 hours?
I'm going on my own, and would LOVE a seat by my self, with an empty chair by my side. What are the odds, and what seat should I pick?
Should I talk to the person sitting next to me, if I won't be sitting by my self?
What are some things I could do, that is NOT sleeping, because I will only fly for 2 hours?
What are some good games to download on a macbook? Something similar to the sims 3 maybe? :)
Thank you!:)<3

Most Helpful Guy

• "Will they make it go off?" Most likely, but I'm not sure. They're pretty sensitive.

"Can I bring them in my carry on maybe? "Yes, I'm sure this is fine. They see much more suspicious stuff on a day to day basis.

"What is it like to fly for 2 hours?" Boring as hell... Bring a book to read or music to listen to. You can also bring a laptop and watch a movie, but they're usually supposed to be turned off during take off and landing.

"I'm going on my own, and would LOVE a seat by my self, with an empty chair by my side. What are the odds, and what seat should I pick?"

The odds of this happening are very low. They stuff the planes as full as they can get, and if someone doesn't show there's always someone willing to take their place. You may luck out because it's a smaller airport, but its unlikely.

"Should I talk to the person sitting next to me, if I won't be sitting by my self?"

Some people mind, some people don't. Feel them out. If they seem friendly go for it. If they seem like they'd rather be left alone, leave them alone.

Enjoy your trip, hope you have a good time!

What Guys Said 1

• If the extensions are metal, than they could make it go off, just keep them in your bag. It wouldn't look suspicious on an X-ray, they will be able to tell what it is no problem, they know what type of stuff it is that they are looking for. The chances of you having a seat with no one next to you isn't very likely, at least on any of the flights I've been on it's been rare, but I've always flown into big airports, I would think that wherever it is you're going will play a big factor in that. As for games, I'm afraid I can't help you there lol, I usually just throw on my headphones and listen to music

• Oh, and there's no rule saying you can't talk to someone next to you, so if you feel like talking to them, go ahead. I typically don't just cause I'm listening to music or trying to sleep

What Girls Said 2

• "Will they make it go off? Can I bring them in my carry on maybe? What will they look like on the x ray? I mean, wouldn't it look very suspicious that i'm bringing hair in my bag?"
    - I doubt it. I wear glasses and light jewelry through the metal detectors and they don't set anything off. If you don't want to risk it, then just store them someplace else. Yes, you can take them in your carry-on. You're worrying a little too much about this, they aren't going to look like anything bad in the x-ray screen, lol.

"What is it like to fly for 2 hours?"
    - It's whatever. A 2-hour flight is fairly short in my experience. You'll most likely be offered a drink or two, and maybe a light snack. By the time you're feeling comfortable and settled in, it'll be about time to start the descent.

- It depends how full the flight is. Some are light, some are packed, and then some are even overbooked. You don't really have any way of knowing until you get there, even if you pick out your seat online ahead of time.

- Go ahead if you feel like it. Keep in mind that they may not feel like talking to you though.

"What are some things I could do, that is NOT sleeping, because I will only fly for 2 hours?"
    - Listen to an MP3 player. Read a book. Play a video game. Do puzzles like word searches. Draw or write. Look out the window if you've got the seat for it.

"What are some good games to download on a macbook? Something similar to the sims 3 maybe?"
    - Can't really help you here, I'd rather play puzzle games than Sims games, but check out the App Store and see what's available!

• My friend wears clip ins and she always takes them off when she travels by plane, probably because she has made bad experiences before but I don't know