What is the military like in other countries?

I'm asking because I think America has a crazy ass paranoa, sorry if misspelled, issue with safety and this dumb draft as well as the whole defense spending in general. So I wanted to know what other countries military is like.

Also, what are your militaries like in terms of transgenders, cause ours still doesn't allow you to be in if you identify as trans, but if you identify after the fact then you're kinda/sorta okay, but not really.

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in the UK and our military is rather multicultural and is acceptin of people from any race, sexuality, religious beliefs etc. There is a policy that everyone must be treated fairly in the army and I'm sure that includes transgenders.

http://www.army.mod.uk/join/38473.aspx#38473

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Australian military is good but they wouldn't accept me even though i grew up using a gun, did air force cadet's as a youth and am a natural outstanding athlete and can do thing's very accurately like shoot someone in the head and not cry about it (it doesn't mean i'd enjoy it or get off over it) if i did and i didn't pass grade 8 and out of my own interlect got offered about 55 jobs out of about 100 available all up and my older brothers mate has a year 12 pass and only got offered 3, so im not sure what the hell is up with the Aussie army lol, someone isn't doing there job right. Not sure about the trans gender thing...

• And it was my dream job and it shattered me...

• As far as I know, too much money is spent on the military and nuclear weapons like Trident. Kinda similar to America's except we're not as crazy, I guess.

• never understood why it's not the Royal Army, but we have the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force... the sovereign is head of the all, dunno what the Army did to piss her off...

• British army is literally just the TA now.

• Dude! Haven't you got somethin better to do?