Why do people go to church?

To me it seems almost a little barbaric to worship and devote your life to something that nobody can prove actually exists. Then the people that supposedly say they have abnormal relations to the paranormal, to me just seem crazy or like cons. There always seems to be another explanation that is more manageable for everything that happens then attributing anything to the heavens. i have thought about it for a very long time and the only rationale explanation for God existing is that he is so incredibly passive that he never has done a thing for us anyways. Just sits there for millenniums watching and watching us.

Most Helpful Girl

• Church to a lot of people is also about the community. The church I went to as a child is somewhat on the small side, and a lot of the people had generations of family members who not only helped make the church what it is but also were incredibly active in church life.

And the people that go to church a lot are usually taken to church from a young age and devote a lot of time to church programs, functions, and so on. Also, these kids parents are usually very religious, so they are being taught to enjoy church and god from a very young age. So, the church becomes a part of their identity.

From, a nonreligious perceptive person.

What Girls Said 4

• I've noticed that many people that go to church... grew up in the church.
    They've pretty much been programmed to think this way since very young.
    Their religion is a part of their every day lives.
    I however am non-religious and respect everyones beliefs whether it differs from my own.

• I was raised in a Polish Catholic family- went to Catholic school, church 2 or more times a week, read the Christian bible.. etc. I did it because that was my family's culture, and I sort of just went through the motions. Unless it directly impacts me or another person in a negative fashion, I could care less what people do with their free time- even if I personally don't care for it.

• Everyone has there own reason as to why they go to church... cause they are forced, grow spiritually, grew up going/family tradition etc

• Everyone has their reasons, for me I was brought up into going to church and stuff

What Guys Said 9

• i don't go to church since i'm an atheist but if someone wants to go to church np wid me... he/she doesn't annoy me LOL

• They don't annoy me either. But I just think it is a waste of their time is all.

• @asker i don't think it's a waste of time for 'em... so who cares wot they do wid their lives since they don't annoy anyone? :p

• 99% of the time it's people who were indoctrinated into believing it since a child.

• Because they've been indoctrinated. If parents would not teach their children a particular religion but let them choose themselves, I guarantee that the churches would drastically shrink in a few generations.

• I go to church because i think i need it. Don't see it as a waste of time because it hel9s me in my faith and in my live

• People have to believe in something, for me yes there is a God but I doubt any religion has it right I would say that "thee" God would appreciate life as in God wouldn't want death for things it gave life to. Even a fly who knows though

• human nature.

spiriuality will never go away.

• They are scared

• 0|0
  • So, to answer your question, people go to church because they disagree with your conclusion.