Your opinion of this Hitler shop and the general ignorance in India?

Unlike most countries in the world, in India it is not uncommon for the name Hitler to represent businesses, movies, TV programmes, and even people's names - a strange reality to outside observers, but one that is accepted without much thought by ordinary Indians.
...
"We believe that in this case, the choice of the name 'Hitler' does not derive of anti-Semitism, but from pure ignorance."
...
"There is a wrong notion among people that Hitler was a great leader," Mathew told Al Jazeera.
...
Curiously, Mein Kampf - in which Hitler set out his racist theories - continues to be a bestseller in India, where business students view the book as an important guide for management strategies. More than 10,000 copies were sold in six months in New Delhi alone in 2009.
...
There is even a member of India's ruling-coalition from northeastern Meghalaya state named "Adolf Hitler".

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/09/2012927558327565.html

Most Helpful Guy

• blogs.taz.de/.../europ_tour.jpg

Not the only place.

I personally find a problem with both sides - with most western countries even banning any critical talk about the holocaust (you simply shouldn't go to jail for stating a different view, even if it's factually wrong), but also with glamorizing Hitler.

The absurd thing about it is that by talking so much about Hitler, the tons of documentaries, etc, you keep the person in mind as a sort of person-cult similiar to the Kardashians. Do we have something similiar for Stalin or Mao who both have a higher bodycount than Hitler? No, we don't.
    So by constantly giving this person airtime, we keep the legacy (for a lack of better words) alive.

• In what countries do you go to jail for "stating a different view"? In the US, you can pretty much say anything without repercussion.
      We don't talk about Stalin or Mao here. I'm certain the Russians love Stalin and the Chinese love Mao. You just don't read or post in their foreign language forums.

• Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Liechtensteni, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Switzerland are countries where it is specifically illegal and/or had people being prosecuted based on laws against hate-speech. So yes, it is for stating a different view, no matter how ridiculous that view might be

The opinion towards Mao among the chinese has changed quite a bit over the past 1-2 decades. For the russians it is similiar towards Stalin. The reason why the russians still consider him a good leader was his leading qualities as well as defending Russia during WW2 while most still say that a lot of what he did was wrong

Anyway, that wasn't my point. My point was that there is some sort of person-cult around Hitler which doesn't exist for similary evil people and that is, I think, because we keep putting him into a spotlight of being outstanding among all the evil leaders of the past

What Guys Said 11

• In before the slew of mongoloids with the 'hurr durr hitler was a great leader" comments

Germany right before hitler took power
    cabaretlarp.files.wordpress.com/.../...ne-1933.jpg

Germany right after hitler's rule ended
    www.saak.nl/.../berlin1945%20(21).jpg

graphics8.nytimes.com/.../ladd-600.jpg

LEADERSHIP!!!

• Technically, everything you mentioned here, in regards to Hitler as a leader and Mein Kampf' are true... so in those terms only, I can see how they admire it all. Obviously it is wrong and he was a messed up guy, but to them I don't think they see it that way...

I wonder if they are just removed from most peoples association of Hitler with antisemitism because Judaism has almost no hold in India?

• Damn. India does not give a fuck LOL

• i summon @yourfutureex to clarify things better... there must be a reason behind this... don't be so quick to judge

• It's business dude. I don't know why people are making this an issue. The more they'll incite/highlight such things, the more ignorance would spread. They just used a controversial name for publicity only, that's it.

• @yourfutureex i see... thanks :)

• If the name is an honest mistake as you put it then wtf is the swastika doing there?

• I copy pasted from the link. It doesn't say it was a mistake. It's intentional. This gager is also seriously adoring Hitler. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1560419-would-i-be-taken-less-seriously-or-hated-if-i-put-hitler-as-my

• Why is it insulting to you to link you to that shop? I thought you said it was just a smart business move to gain publicity.

• Smart huh? Why are you including the words I never said?

There's no point in pulling that discussion anymore. I'm done. I'm unfollowing this question. Do what you wanna do.

• @Genie23 @SatanClaus

Have y'all seen or heard of this before? :O

• WTH? No, I didn't know that O_o

This is so pathetic...

• @Genie23 I agree, I thought maybe thered be news of such a shop. I guess not. :o

• Nevaa seen/heard this crap in Bombay, frankly dont give shizz

• Hitler had only one testeract.

• it's not about ingorance. People in India don't care about Hitler. yes, he killed many people in the past, so what? It was in the past and it's not like people in India adore or respect either

• Well, I am not exactly enamored with Hitler. I am also a Jew.

But you can't portray Hitler as a moron without leadership skills. On many lists of the most brilliant minds that ever lived, Hitler is there for his ability to manipulate and motivate people. He was a phenomenally effective leader and the Germans (who weren't jews) loved him.

He was a great leader to the people of Germany at the time.

• here is one of the lists of brilliant minds.
      http://www.thetoptens.com/smartest-people-history/

• okay. I read the article. No footnotes. It is hard to understand where he is getting his facts. I am concerned with the delimitation between opinion and fact here. This was actually a lot easier before the Internet. lol It s convoluted. Well, if there was testimony at Nuremberg that money came in to fund Hitler, then this particular article is not quite on the mark. I am not surprised that it is hard info to dig up. I doubt that after WWII, anyone wanted it known that they had funded Germany's rise to power or Hitlers. With the wealth of the people we are talking about, it is understandable.
      (Look at today. Did you know that when the Barry Soetoro scandal broke that Obama spent $890,000 (this all on the record) solely to pay lawyers to prevent any of his records from being made public. Imagine what a Carnegie could spend...)

• Mao's not great. He encouraged huge population growth.

• He actually was a good leader. Just a bit twisted. It's not ignorance.. I'm sure they know about ww2.
    Maybe they just agree with his some of his beliefs. I don't see how this affects anyone else. It's not like they're wearing nazi uniforms and killing people. Doesn't the world have more important issues?

• They are not taught ww2 in school.

• Stupid people everywhere, doesn't surprise me.

What Girls Said 5

• Hitler was a piece of shit no doubt but I see what they are taking from it. Its still disgusting that this is happening. They really dont give a shit.

• Now I love India.
    Seriously, I see nothing wrong with doing stuff like that. It doesn't hurt anyone.

• What has the world come to?

• From Aljazeera, lmao of course. Anyway, there's Hitler shops all over the world. There's even one in Venezuela. This is not new.

• What's wrong with Aljazeera? Of course you have no opinion about it except pointing out that it happens somewhere else too.

• Aljazeera = Biased. I really have no opinion on these Hitler shops, I mean yeah it's racist, but business owners have rights too, it's kind of difficult to take a position on this issue. If I say no to Hitler shops, I'm advocating that business owners shouldn't have rights, if I say keep the shops, then I look like a racist bitch. There's no winning here.

• thats ridiculous...