Do you feel upset when you finish an anime?

I know this is an odd question to ask, however I can't seem to shake off the feeling of sadness when I finish any anime I enjoy. I get quite depressed and lifeless and I was just wondering is this something other anime fanatics experience? Or do you think because I'm an emotional person, I can take ending an anime way to seriously? I do know I can become attched to some characters in franchises and that may be a reason I get emotional because it saddens me that I won't see anything of them again. Also when an anime has a conclusion I'm simply not happy with I'll over-think what I would have liked to happen. But anyway if you would like to give your point of view on this question, you're welcomed. All opinions are most helpful... just use kind words please. ^.^ x
.
.
.
Please enjoy pictures of some my favourite people from anime ;} ♥

Zero Kiryu ♥♥♥♥♥ ;_; ~ Vampire Knight
Katsura Kotonoha ~ School Days (my wee yandere)

Ranka Fujioka ~ Ouran Highschool host club

Karuta Roromiya ~ Inu x Boku ss (I like Soushi Miketsukami too)

(Black) Hatsuharu Sohma ~ Fruits Basket

There's many more but this was rather off topic, I must say. ^.^

Hehe, it's cool to see people are still giving their opinions on this. My anime taste has completely changed from the animes I listed characters from above. There are still animes I finish til this day and feel sightly upset about but it's a short lived sadness, lol.

I watch my short-normal length series along side my long ongoing series, like One Piece, Gintama and etc, so I feel less disheartened about finishing the short-normal length shows. It's an odd method but it works for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh ye gods, yes. And naturally, I pick the saddest anime in the world to watch, which regularly kicks me in the feels department. Just wrapped up Plastic Memories last week which was so sad. Anohana decimated my emotions, too, and so did Air. Ghibli came along and finished out the week with When Marnie Was There, which pretty much ran what was left of my emotions through the meat grinder.

• awh.. I try find animes that are basically like the previous ones I had watched to see if it makes me any happier but fail to do so. Hahaha I swear anime, screws me in the head. ;_;

• Well, there's "cute" anime out there, too. Etotama is a pretty lighthearted series. Maison Ikkoku is good, too. There's more, my mind is just totally blank at the moment. Silver Fox was pretty good.

• I'll check them out :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, very upset and i feel like i suddenly got abandoned by my best friends

What Guys Said 14

• I've only finished 3 series, but I was only upset after Attack on Titan because he never looked in the house, which was the mystery they set up in the beginning and made you forget about. Fullmetal Alchemist had a weird ending and was unresolved, but it was a good unresolved conflict because it seemed futile, which is kind of rare. I would have ended Samarai Champloo differently, but there was closure and there were clues of where the characters would go next.

• Haha I know the feels about the first two animes hahaha.

• Not upset more along the lines of kind of sad, but then I get excited because I can simply re-watch it.

• I'm about to finish Cowboy Bebop tonight:
    http://i.imgur.com/23PAABM.png?1
    The pressure is unbearable.

• My condolences go to you at this intolerable time you're experiencing, I know your pain too well.

• I'm ashamed to admit that Katsura was the only one I recognized. That shit was gucked up...

• Hahaha... The other animes are shoujo so that may be the reason :P But yeah School Days was pretty weird, however I couldn't come to dislike Katsura after what she went through, not to mention she was so sweet (at the beginning). haha

• depends on how it ends, i feel satisfied if i think it had a good ending, but if it was lack luster i hate it

• To me it really the mood that the anime sets that makes upset with the anime, or it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

• I can because the worlds portrayed in anime surpass the world we live in. Just take their strong feelings about friendships and relationships. In anime you have characters who would die for their friends but in the real world you have friends who would stab you in the back if it benefited them.

• You could just, you know. Watch it again. Jesus.

• when i finish an anime i collapse to the floor and scream WHYYYYYYY dramatically then eat ice cream and find a new one :3

• Omg yes. It takes me like a week to get over it too. Like that may seem like a short period of time but it's not.

• Hell yes... 😢

• yeah, i do.

• I'd feel upset if I started one

• Try watching one piece that show isn't ending any time soon

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah I cry myself to sleep until I find the new best thing. But really you can't find something to replace awesome you just can't.

• I become annoyed since all anime never tell the whole story. They always cut it off. The manga's end up still going on and going into more detail.

• I hate it when that happens because you spend forever trying to find new good anime's to watch.

• Agreed... It's my only method of getting over anime haha

• YES!!!
    mostly after i finish one that i really love.
    examples: vampire knight (and vampire knight guilty), fruits basket, ouran highschool host club, angel beats, noragami

• I always feel depressed when I finish an anime!!! especially when it seems like they could continue it but they don't

• Watch Barakamon. Your heart will explode afterwards I promise.

• I felt upset when I finished Death Note

So entertaining

• I loved Death Note ♥ But yes, I felt upset after finishing it too :D

• Yeah, that happens when I either finish an anime, or get caught up on it.

• no upset but sad

• I bawled my eyes out when I watched the ending to Angel Beats! I felt like a beast when I wanted to watch more of the series even though it made me sad in the end.

• Oh hell yes. If they're really good, I regret watching it. Cause now I can't forget it completely. I often cry because I miss it so much T_T

• i feel your pain haha.