What is the difference between trolling and cyberbulling?

People say there is a difference but I don't understand.

Most Helpful Girl

• its the same thing.

What Girls Said 1

• Trolls can be funny but annoying sometimes. Though cyberbulling is a crime and can be really hurtful.

What Guys Said 8

• Cyberbullying is more malicious. A cyberbully may be doing the exact same things as a regular troll, but the fact that their activities are targeted at a specific individual and intended to cause that person emotional hurt (as opposed to being randomly targeted and intended to just irritate and get a cheap laugh) is what separates them.

• A troll doesn't have to be a bully or mean to anyone specific. It can simply be a person who say stupid or silly things not directed at someone specific.

A troll can also be a bully but doesn't have to be.

• Trolls usually just tell a joke or mess with people in a way it's clear it's a joke and such.

Cyber bullies target an individual and pick and pick until they break... then carry on picking.

However many cyber bullies don't even notice they are as such... many think it's just a game and are so ignorant to their words that they deem themselves trolls.

• I call bull.

• By the 1st comment I posted... many bullies are so ignorant they don't see what they are doing is as such... thus class themselves as trolls.

Where as actual trolls are harmless.

The dicks on YouTube will say evil things.. then claim they were trolling for the sheer aspect they don't know what it is

• Ahh! I don't think I'll ever understand!

• It depends on the severity...

Trolling can just be banter.. like a joke or a harsh one-liner. No real intention.

Cyber bullying is just straight up being a dick and making someone's life a misery.

• No real intention? BS.

• Like I said.. depends on the severity.
      I've been trolled, I just threw stuff back at them and we laughed.

The real question is; is it banter or not?

• cyber bullying is purposefully hurting or being mean to someone

trolling is jokingly acting stupid, making people upset on purpose, and online pranks

• example of trolling: the sky is green and if you dont think so you're gay hue hue

cyber bullying: you should be ashamed you're gay go kill yourself you f--ing faggot

• You can troll somebody in real life, cyber-bulling is restricted to the internet or phone.
    There all bullying.

• Trolling is trying to invoke negative reactions from people by doing stupid bs. Cyberbullying is bullying online.

• A troll will stop trolling once you stop giving them attention. A cyberbully won't stop at all.

• Sounds the same still.