Poll: Should we educate children about what goes on in the meat industry instead & the health risks the way them about the dangers of smoking?

At least when people smoke the only one that they are hurting is temselves?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Kids are educated on it. I know me and anyone who has gone to the schools I've been to were. It's just many of us never gave a damn, you can educate as much as you like, but at the end of the day kids will have to decided on their own without any outside help if it's something they want to consume or not. by the way smoking hurt most than those who are doing that smoking in a slow painful way, at least for the animals it's as quick and painless as possible unless they being hunted in the wild by other animals.

What Girls Said 2

• Well there is your lack of understanding. Smokers harm more than just themselves

• Sorry, I should have said in and of itself smoking only harms the smoker. If it is done in proximity of a child or by a pregnant mother, then that's different.

• I don't know anyone personally mind you I only know 1 person who died from cancer. But I know it has happened to others. Smoke s smoke. It shad and it catches up over time. That is only logical @bob111111

• no... it isn't

again... studies show second hand smoke has no connection to lung cancer... it does not "build up"

• I think kid should have to watch things like food inc. not to scare them into not eating meat but so that they're aware of the harmful stuff their government is allowing them to put in their bodies.

• But we should warn them against smoking just as much.

• Super Size Me was intellectually dishonest in many ways. I also saw it in Jr high and it made an impression on me then. But I didn't need that film alone to know junk food is bad. Actually, dishonesty makes the persuader less persuasive when they question your legitimacy. Do we want to condone ideas that may stretch the truth to fit an agenda, albeit an agenda here that's generally good (food health)?

And speaking in generalities, super size me gave the impression that eating fast food will kill you. It doesn't, in moderation. Moderation and personal responsibility is boring I guess.

Super size me should be a small side piece of a health course with grains of salt taken on a number of things it mentions, pun intended.

• @hawkeye92 once again I dot mean these specific ones but I just think documentaries are really what get through to kids. Also afterwards our teacher explained that we Gould keep in mind that's he's eating this every meal everyday so don't stress too much. I think it's a good documentary to how te teacher obviously needs other things to elaborate on.

What Guys Said 6

• All education is good... missinformation is bad.
    Yes people should be educated as to the ethics and questionable use of certain drugs and hormones used in the meat industry. It should present the information and encorage discussion and debate from a ballanced point of view. That would allow every student to make up their own point of view from an educated possition.

I would say the same about smoke, and second hand smoke, but there's frankly nothign to argue on the 'pro' side except "feels nice" and some of the side effects of the various toxins beinf percieved as possitice such as the calming effect and the weight loss.

• Well they already did teach us about dangers of smoking at least in my schools, and for the other thing about the meat yes I agree.

• what goes on in the meat industry?

you mean killing animals?

or do you mean the use of fertilizers and hormones that are totally safe?

• Yes, we should. Meat is unnecessary, and in the amounts that most Americans eat, is unhealthy.

Also, I'd like my meat bill to go down due to less demand.

• And do what, get them depressed early?

• Are you saying if we educate them about meat we shouldn't educate them about smoking?