? Am I a Psycho?

I recently got arrested and consequently had to move back in with my parents (they are helping with the legal costs). Still going to school but I can't drive myself anywhere. I feel trapped and isolated from society, and going out with my friends will most definitely lead to more trouble (bond, probation, etc). Furthermore, my parents are keeping a very watchful eye on me to make sure I stay on the straight & narrow. This is causing extreme paranoia on my behalf as I feel any misstep will lead to an unwarranted, cataclysmic family collapse (tensions are running high as my parents' patience dwindles). The only place I go (other than my one summer semester class) is to the gym. Even there, I feel quite lonely and lost in the sea of people - as I've suffered devastating self confidence issues - due to the nature of my situation. I am not sure what to do, really. I think I may go insane. What is there that I can even do? Just wait it out? This is gonna be a long fucking 365 days. I only feel slightly better. P. S. I'm not crazy, Tech N9ne reference.

Just to clarify: this is the first time in my life where I feel like this. You could say this is rock bottom? And, my arrest was a nonviolent, PETTY drug arrest. I happened to have too much marijuana on me,
also.. i just recently turned 21... not 24 as my profile suggests.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is good. You were given the right punishment.

• Well, I had not previously disclosed the terms of my arrest. Does my update change your response? Or do you still feel that I was correctly punished? Note, that I have already spent close to 70 hours in prison and currently facing close to another two weeks (as a part of my plea)

• Well, yes, I do. Try following the law next time. I'm sure you could live without using marijuana. Plus, you seem to be very articulate, which gives me the impression that you should be smarter than that. I'm clearly wrong though...

What Girls Said 3

• You may have some type of mental illness. There are a variety and can range from mild to extremely severe. I have bipolar only been diagnosed for 2 years. Not doing anything about it makes it so much worse. And if you do have an illness it doesn't mean you're a psycho. I'd go see a doctor

• I appreciate your concerns and in retrospect my title choice my have not been the best. However, this is the first time in my life that I feel such.. angst. Thus my heavy-hearted description of my current situation. I assure you, I don't think I have any long lasting mental illness. But my woeful predicament has caused much grief. I just don't know what I can do to maybe start reentering society. Or how I can explain to people all the silly restrictions placed on me without making a complete fool of myself

• Isolation can lead to depression. So if it is a case of you just being too embarrassed to socialize I'd do it sooner rather than later. You can't spend your entire life in your house, yes you may feel embarrassed at the time explaining but once its done you can get on and live your life. As you said in your update it wasn't a major crime. people are more than likely to call you an idiot and then get over it

• I like you, but you're crazy

• yeah you are.

What Guys Said 3

• "Its all just a moment in time"... When you look back you will see it as just a moment in time.
    Use the time you have to refocus and get comfortable with yourself again... and remember, your situation could be far worse... But in the end, "It's all just a moment in time."

• I guess that is all I can do. And I do happened to be blessed with parents who have the means to take me in and help pay for what would undoubtedly would've drown me in debt or an unfathomable prison sentence. I am just feeling.. disconnected. And adversity is a fairly new feeling in my life x. x

• Trust me when I say, I've been around the way and back... I hate to say it, but what you are feeling are "normal" type emotions, you went through something pretty traumatic, and you understand how much worse it could have been... Change, especially change by force is not the easiest to adjust to... But if you can use it as an opportunity for growth and take somthing good from it, it will be to your benefit. Just keep your head up and refocus your mind... You got this! ;)

• You sound schizophrenic to be honest go get some medicine and you'll be fine

• You're not crazy.