At what age, or when, does a girl become a woman?

Or is Woman another word for a girl?

And when does a boy become a man?

Or is there, when a girl hits a certain age, she automatically starts being called a woman?

Most Helpful Girl

• That depends. Physically you could say a girl is a woman when her period starts. For me that was 12 years old but some are younger and most I think are a little older. Mentally however it's anyones guess. It really runs parallel to the question when is someone amd adult. There is an age that someone is legally recognized as an adult but when they actually start acting like it is quite another thing entirely. The same could be said for when a girl becomes a woman. I think it all depends on how you define it which can be different from person to person

What Girls Said 2

• Sexual and maturity timelines do not run parallel

• 30... i think...

What Guys Said 3

• If there is any kind of culture or tradition' then the obligations of that culture or tradition would determine that' if there isn't ' then aging with body development would substitute that answer.

• Some girls never become women. Some boys never become men. It's all just a state of mind.

• you don't become grown (woman/man) at a specific age, it's a stage of your development.