How do you feel about cutting a deal for Iran in the creation of nuclear weapons?

They have just finished nuclear talks with Iran
See full article: http://news.yahoo.com/formal-nuclear-deal-reached-iran-063643162--politics.html
Personal view: Our government is beyond stupid and putting not just the US but the world at risk... Nothing has changed lol.

• I believe it is fine that Iran is getting weapons (please explain your reasoning)
  • This could upset the balance of power and lead the rest of the world into chaos
  • I can't make up my mind

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 1

• not a good idea.

What Guys Said 10

• I absolutely cannot stand it. I have a feeling the incompetent Secretary of State believe that aiding Iran (which has ties to a member of the White House team and likely the most powerful woman in the world by the way - Valerie Jarrett) will put Iran on a collision course with ISIS but it will only cause a serious, massive, incredibly massive, super massive, globally bad massive, horrendously massive situation because if there is one thing we ALL can count on it is this: Israel will NOT screw around and they will NOT wait to be attacked. If they get even a sniff of corruption... if a seagull farts the wrong sound and they feel threatened, they will throw two hundred nukes at multiple targets without even a second thought...

So now we have two countries who fundamentally loathe each other in close proximity with nuclear weaponry and, in the middle, a raging issue in the Middle East with fundamentalist Islamists who would love nothing more than start an issue with those two thus bringing in the super powers and giving them a chance for northern expansion.

This issue has mistake written all over it but, in all honesty, there is simply no way Congress, especially THIS Congress, will pass it.

• I don't know where you get your information from, but this deal was made for Iran to have Nuclear capabilities, I. e. a nuclear power plant for energy purposes. The US would never allow a country like Iran to have the capabilities of creating a nuclear weapon.

They made the deal on the grounds that Iran would have no way of making a nuclear weapon with the amount of reactors available for them.

• Lol dude, read up please and get back with a legitimate answer based upon fact:)

• I think you need to expand on your knowledge before you post utterly untrue things on here. I don't know if you understand what nuclear power plants are for. They're there for more than just weapons. If you can't understand that simple point, you have no right telling me to go read up on the facts.

Also, your polls for one are skewed. Come back when you make legitimate polls.

• Lol butthurt already you haven't even explained your side, I did tell you, but I am blocking you because I don't have time to argue with stupid people, but do as you wish:)

• an argument I've heard is that Iran WILL get a nuclear weapon, it'sj ust a matter of time and who gives it to them

If this truly is the case, there's nothing else that can be done in my opinion and might as well "benefit" in the mean time till we all get blown up

• Judging by the answers you're giving to other people it looks like an utter waste of time to explain to you why this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Why do even ask for opinions if you consider your stance to be the only possible right one? Dumb.

• No one has given me tangible evidence and just argued over how I phrased the question. Thats all they said; you are welcome to give it a go. But if thats how you feel then I could care less.

• But your 'holier-than-thou' attitude certainly isn't helping.

• I just don't have time to bother with people who are just questioning my question, I asked a question and instead of giving an honest answer they are just dancing around the subject. So my high horse is justified when people bullshit. Which is exactly what you are doing now.

• I agree with you.

• I find it entertaining that people are so blind as to say the end goal for Iraq is not nuclear weapons. I don't base it off of personal beliefs; it is more of the fact that that entire region of the world has been at war since ever.

• Thankfully israel won't allow it.

• Bad idea - - - -

• let them have bombs. if russia and us can have, why wouldn't they.

• Because they have religious ties, they do not care for the well being of others. Do you believe it is uncommon for people over there to die because they do not believe in the same religion? If Iran were to get nuclear bombs it would cause an arms race in the middle east. The UN's head nuclear advisor on the subject himself said that giving Iran nuclear power and capability to launch nuclear warheads will ultimately upset the rest of the world. That area in the world has been at civil unrest for as long as anyone has been on this planet. Do you think giving them the power of nuclear annihilation will make them more civilized?

• Lol nah I would say I am a conservative democrat.

• america the UK, Russia etc all have nuclear weapons, so iran can too.

• Iran is much different can't you agree? It is guided by mullahs who do not care for the well being and safety of others.

• Way to skew your opinion poll.

Let me guess, your proposal would be nuking them? You must watch fox news.