Why does a guy have to prove himself for a girl but a girl doesn't have too?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a pretty dysfunctional relationship to me... In the beginning, both are trying to impress the other (intelligence, money, appearance, skills showing off etc) - if you feel you have to "prove" yourself, maybe you have some inferiority issues, or the girl your dating isn't making you feel like your good enough --- a guy proving his love/strength/wealth to woman is a pretty antiquated notion, haven't actually seen it happen personally

What Girls Said 4

• I think both could make changes to themselves, when you're a couple you guys change together however, girls may be more vocal about what they want and what changes they want and guys aren't as outspoken about it.

• Biology. Women are the pickier sex because they carry the higher burden in raising children

• This seems true. In nature it's usually the males who have to attract the female while the female sits and decide whether or not this is worth the time.

• Um no. Were in 2015, Condoms, abortions, the pill exist. This is some BS sorry.

• @PainfullyHonest135 ya they've been available for about 50 years, that's nothing in terms of evolution

Well of course that is assume you understand what evolutionary psychology is

• Depends on the people, not all men settle without the woman proving herself.

• Because girls only must look beuatiful 😶

What Guys Said 9

• LOL?
    You dont, if a bitch can't see your value, her loss. You ain't got to prove nothing to no one but yourself. Learn your own value man, like damn, you got self-esteem issues dont you?

A woman that matters will see you for what your worth and appreciate you for it, you won't have to prove squat shit to her, nor should you. If a girl is telling you to prove yourself, she ain't worth it, rather, she's a moron.

Her loss, not yours, there are more fish in the see, find one who treats you right and appreciates you for who you are. Conform to no one.

• Fuck that, if a girl doesn't impress me she's only useful for sex.

• I wouldn't agree with that

• Its a part of nature I guess. Worldwide there are more men than women, at some point this has an impact on modern society. And men have more of the "alpha male" factor. They have the tendency to want to prove themselves through competition. Its the same with many other mammals actually. As weird as it may sound, it makes sense if you think about it.

• I don't know but I'm my best me when i have a girlfriend cause I'm Always trying to be better for her😊

• Norms, isn't it? It is just expected from a societal level and taught to the young.

• It's easy for us to except the the woman for who she is. For some reason we tend to over think. In response women have been know to be passive

• coz girls are fucking confusing and bitchy as shit, you will put in so much more into a relationship than she does and she will make you feel like shit and girls usually turn out bloody bitches.

• Umm, I'm guessing that it is because from the moment a girl is born she is told that she has a magical gift (vagina). Which should only be shared with the guys she deemed worthy of it. After they've done god knows what to earn their so-called right to sleep with her.

That's the thing though, within this whole process you never hear/see parents tell/teach their daughters what they should do to #deserve a man in the 1st place or how to keep a man #around. Oh no they're only told what #guys should #do for #them funny, right?

When ya #Mix that with the fact that most boys at a young age are told to treat women with undue respect (they never explain why that is though.. but hey we're always told to do so for some reason), hold doors, protect them, learn to be a smooth talker, be confident, initiate this or that etc.

I'm sure you get my point by now what happens is this " girls think they're god's gifts to earth #WHILE the boys think the same thing via their parent's teachings because that's all they know". i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

So that why/how this whole thing even exists today. Ya know were the guys thinks he has something to prove to a woman #while she thinks "hey it's his job to do ___" while she just sits around looking cute with her magical gift until he's proven he's #worthy HAHA.