Some twats park a car blocking my driveway, what should I do?

So it's 11:20pm here. Im getting ready to to to bed. As I close the bedroom curtains I see a car blocking my driveway. I need to be up for work at 6:30 am. If the car is still there I can't go to work as it's blocking my car. The neighbours are not answering so I can't check if it's someone they know. They are probably in bed.

Do I need to call the police? Do I have the right to smash the window, let go of the hand brake and push the car out of my way?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 18

• Hope you tried jumping up and down on their bumper to see if you could set off the alarm. If they come out you got them. If they turn it off remotely, do it again and again. Then report to the police that someones's alarm is disturbing the whole neighborhood.

• Give the person a half hour at least before youngest rough with them. m Maybe they just ran inside for some quick errand...

• Put a note on the window saying that if it's blocking your driveway again you'll have to call a tow truck and the charge will be passed to him/her. Be polite about it, not some nasty note.

If you get up in the morning call the police and ask them if they can have it towed for you (try your neighbours again first). Then call into work and inform them you've called the police because you are blocked in. You might have to get a bus/train for a day but they'll probably never do it again if the cops and a towing charge are involved.

Some people are just complete wankers these days - I've had this myself and felt like taking a dump on the hood but such is life. If it keeps happening and there aren't loads of kids constantly playing out on the street stick a traffic cone in front of it next time. I also have a camera pointing at my driveway and car these days for vandalism evidence because of kids throwing stuff. They've broken several windows in the street as well.

• Are you sure it's a twat? . . . maybe it's some dick. Either way let the police know tonight so they can make time to deal with it in the morning.

• i think the most interesting part here is that the car was parked in that one position by apparently multiple people ("some twats")

how does that work?

Guz: oy mate i park da car 'ere blud we avin' a right giggle m8
    James: ya mate yo gimme da wheel i park it too

¿

• I would get it towed by cops.

• You can have it towed. It's against the law to block someones driveway.

DON'T smash their window that's vandalism and breaking and entering (cars are property) even if they are blocking your driveway that would still be a serious offense.

• Have the bastard towed. He will panic not knowing where his car is and once he finds it he will have to pay money to get it back.

• no! do not break into it! criminal damage... leave it until you get up, if the car has not moved then phone the police on a non emergency line, they should act on it. obviously not ideal

• Call the police and have them move it. Don't damage the car or you may be done for criminal damage. the police will move it and charge the owner

• Leave at notice on it asking them to move it or that you'll contact the police.

• Just call the police so they can get the person to move it

• No just call the police and they may tow it or ticket it

• Kick them in their twats!

• Call a tow truck, the person who owns the car will have to pay the expenses

• If the police do not call for a tow, then the person who called will have to sign the paperwork and may end up paying for it, as well as criminal charges for having a car that is not theirs towed. sounds weird in this case, but that is the legality in many places.

• Call the police on a non-emergency line or call a tow service.

• It's against the law to block someones driveway, you can call a non emergency police number.

• Take a picture of it first. Document what you do. If you have some way to make noise go out by the car and make it. Slam pots and pans together, you can apologize to your neighbors later. Try to get the person who has the car to check on it then tell them to move. Call a tow truck if you don't succeed with that. Unless you live in a small community the police probably won't respond.

What Girls Said 6

• You can have it towed, OR you could wrap their entire car in cling wrap and duct tape :D

• Thank you for using the word twat and making me smile. I'd have the car towed.

• If it was me I would have it towed.

• So it's been a day now what happened?

• Nice neighbors you have there. lol hahaha

• I hope you called your neighbors and told them that they better check for stolen items since you saw that the driver of the car came from their house and returned to it. lol

• Piss on their car😂

• Call the cops and its 7:49 here!!!

• What an absolute cheek. Call the police in the morning and tell them the situation. Obviously do it before you need to leave for work as they may have had a busy nightshift. Calling the police will make sure that it doesn't happen again. There is a possibility that it will be gone by the time you leave but then you need to check with the neighbours to see whose car it is/was. What a liberty!