Why do boys look at girls so protectively?

Like they are a vase and they don't want to crack the vase.

do they realize they are doing it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we're stupid like that. On a biological level females are innately valuable for their girl bits.

Women were literally precious because of their womb. The way reproduction works means that population growth hinges mostly upon how many females there are in a group; few guys can knock up many girls and you only need a enough guys to ensure enough genetic diversity, and that's it. Men are the expendable test subjects for evolution. Which sucks.

In modern society these instincts still exist even though we try to be more equalist. It fucking irritates me that I would put myself at risk to protect a purdy female, but I would do it, because I have that instinct. Thus, society wide #Gynocentrism :(

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont think they do. its of guys rape and beat and degrade women--same guys who think they are 'protective';. so i wouldn't say as a group men treat women protectively as women but as you say things. like a vase. a vase is not a human being. a vase is a commodity it can be owned and destroyed by the one when it is no longer pleasing. . . the same person who is 'protective' when you do as they say can be very violent when you dont.. that might be protective but its not human.

• It must suck being so paranoid and miserable all the time..

• i wouldn't know. why dont you tell me about it.

• i feel bad for you, must suck to hate guys this much to the point where even protective instincts are related to "rape and beat and degrade". But whatever floats your boat i guess...

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think they realise the are doing it and probably goes back to primal instincts of protecting his family.

• Primal instinct, it's always been part of a mans duty to protect women, it's just something we are born with, some embrace it others go against it.

• We know how other guys think, and we love you enough to protect you from them even if it means causing harm to ourselves

• How do you "protectively" look at a girl? Or do you mean like behavior in general?

It stems from an old idea that women are fragile and need to be protected. It's why there's so much gynocentrism in our legal system.

• I do as I'm not the most gentle giant. However, girls that like rough housing/ being man handled will have little problems with me.

• Men are programmed to want to protect women; It's male nature.

• women protect everyone. not just the other sex.

• @Azara LOL women are more likely to slander our good names and demand court-supervised payments from men than they are to protect us from anything.

• nice joke @Azara

• oooh ooh i can answer that, okay. so I saw my girlfriend after a long period of not seeing her, and I gave her the most ham hug ever, and she whispered that she couldn't breathe... and this other girl tried to surprise attack me, not a good idea, and I flipped her ass, she got really fucked up... don't get me wrong i felt terrible

What Girls Said 1

• When it's the women they care about deeply they will beat who ever they have to. So they can protect her. Though women will do the same. At least I would for the guy I'm with. Though he wants to put me in a huge bubble since i'm accident prone. :D