Girls, Why don't you ever initiate a conversation with guys even if they were your co-workers or classmate?

Basically, why don't you initiate a conversation and it always has to be the guys that have to do everything.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. It usually just depends on who is sitting closest to me, or who i have access to talk to though. I don't particularly have a preference in speaking to one sex over the other.
    I talk to everyone. I ask a tone of questions (cause i don't like awkward pauses), but then i used to work in retail for like 4 years so i'm really used to initiating conversations and keeping them going. But i know a lot of girls and guys who are really shy, I've spoken to a lot of shy people and it takes time to get them out of their shell. I feel like that is a skill too...
    Don't know if that helped though

What Girls Said 11

• I have initiated conversations if I felt comfortable with them or simply needed to borrow something. Some do, some don't.

• Because we are shy! But we usually help you out. We give you clues to let you know we are interested. Like stares, smiles, etc.

• I start conversations with dudes all the time...

• Talk about what? I hate convos that lead to facebook adds

• I do it all the time. And even of I don't talk first I always seem to have to do the foreplay. Flirty looks and shit so he will take notice

• I'm usually just not interested. It's not like I don't speak to my male classmates. But I most probably talking to them about something school related... But most girls are usually just shy.

• Because I get nervous talking to guys. Anyone at that matter.

• I always initiate.

• I'm pretty shy myself.

• Well actually I do. Just not that often. I guess I feel like I'd be bothering them if we're sitting in class or whatever. If he's already said hello and we're sort of friends, then I will.

Also sometimes I'll try talking to a guy and he'll completely shoot me down or give me monosyllabic responses so it's like "nah, I'll wait for him to say something..."

• I have before, but when I haven't it's usually because I don't want to seem desperate.