Have you ever left home and then moved back in again?

Did you have a difficult time re-adjusting to living with your parents again? Have trouble feeling like it was once again your home too?

Last October I moved out of my parents house and this past weekend I moved back in again. It's going to be Wednesday tomorrow, and I'm still having a hard time feeling like I live here again and am not just visiting for an extended period of time. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells and like I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything, etc.

It's a weird feeling.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, you got use to living away from home and now you moved back it will feel strange this does happen to many people. If I'm in another environment staying
    for a period of time and come back home i go into anxiety attacks ,

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, for awhile, on and off until I got on my feet, I Would... Move back in again. You do feel like a stranger in your own house and it seems just because you may be gone for some time That... You have to tow the line.
    My parents always told me even when I was growing up, living under their roof: This is My house, you are only a guest here, dear. With That, you feel even when you visit for a day or stay for a night, you have to tip toe and slowly, find yourself warily opening a cupboard or the refrigerator to Take And... Partake.
    There is Nothing like your own place and with living on my own, I share once in awhile with a favorite guy cousin, who when we stayed with his bro in New York for awhile in their Deceased parent's home, we never Felt... At home.
    Make the most of it and try to keep the peace by doing your own thing and staying out of their hair and this way, living in the house together, it is Not a Divided house.
    It's Not just a 'Weird feeling,' it's An... Uncomfortable one.
    Good luck. xx

• lol... The older You get, The... Worse they get, I think.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 6

• I moved out when I was 22 for grad school and came back when I was 24 after grad school. Still here three years later. The adjustment was fairly easy.

• I haven't done this, yet anyway lol, but they let me know that I am always welcome in their home as long as I do my part to help out, while I am there, which I always do lol.

• I went though a rough patch with my now-ex after we ran out of money (NB: this was over ten years ago) and we both had to move back home.

It was four months and it was fucking unbearable.

• Yeah, I moved into a place during college and within a month it got shut down and I couldn't get a lease anywhere else.

• Actually, doing that right now, oddly enough. Not for the reasons you'd think.

• Wasn't even thinking of reasons, lol.

• I leave for sleep overs all the time😊

• But my sister moved out twice and back in twice but now she's married with a house its a bit different at first

• Yeah my sister hated having rules again but just be chill about it save up and buy a dope ass apartment my brothers is so sick it has a pool!

• Anyway good luck

What Girls Said 2

• I did when my lease was up and my job kept moving me around (didn't wanna get stuck signing a year lease an hour away from work again). But for me it was quite easy. I'm an adult, so they treated me as such. I could come and go, eat whatever I wanted, and my mom didy laundry to save on water. The only thing that got on my nerves was not having my own space other than my room.

• I just came back home after spending 2 years in the UK to do my IB diploma (I visited home during vacations tho) but it kinda feels weird now and I just noticed I get annoyed with them so much quicker now.. probably because I'm just not used to being around them 24/7 anymore