Is it normal to have nightmares everynight?

i always have nightmares everynight and they are getting worse each day is this normal do any other people here have nightmares all the time

Most Helpful Girl

• I recommend talking to a doctor. I don't have nightmares usually. And I do get some kinda creepy ones or ones were I want to beat someone up but I do I just wake up and relize it was a dream. it also helps when I tell someone about my dreams/ nightmares. It releases it of stress and makes me feel better. If you want to talk to someone about it I'm always here. Also praying is good.

Most Helpful Guy

• No it is not normal to have them every-night. You need to see your doctor, he/she will probably send you to a sleep therapist.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not natural, no. Are you taking any medications like anti-depressents? Sometimes those cause it.

If you're not, then there's something probably deeply troubling you or your life. I know that sounds like some psychic ass shit but it's probably true. Repetitive bad dreams dont reflect well on your mental well being. Maybe you've been super anxious or worried about something lately, or suppressing certain emotions so they are trying to release themselves in the form of dreams...

What Guys Said 2

• You should see someone about that, ASAP. I almost never have nightmares, it's not normal.

• I wake up in cold sweats every night because of nightmares. Nightmares usually mean that something is stressing you out in the real world. You must be very stressed right now, you may not even know it.