Do you brush your teeth before consuming breakfast or after?

• After
  • Before

Most Helpful Girl

• I do it after for two reasons...

1. All I can taste is minty tooth paste.

2. Why clean my teeth first if I'm just going to get them dirty again?

• Because brushing right after eating is often harmful to your teeth (food temporarily softens enamel). At the very least rinse a few times with water before you brush. Your teeth will thank you. :)

• Thanks for MH :)

Most Helpful Guy

• After breakfast because if you brush it before you eat then your food will taste funny and weird. Example brushing teeth thrn drinking orange juice.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 14

• The poll is neck on neck right now but sorry to break it to the other half - the acids and debris in the foods you eat weaken your teeth and therefore making the effects of brushing more abrasive. I think you're supposed to wait 45 min? before brushing after a meal. Bon apetit, y'all!

• After... my routine in the mornings is to eat first and then brush my teeth as the last thing I do before I leave so as to make sure there's nothing in my teeth.

• Before and then I wait until the minty taste goes away.

• After! I don't want food stuck in my teeth!

• I always brush my teeth before eating breakfast.

• Before and after. Eating with gross teeth isn't fun.

• After. Doesn't make sense to do it before...

• both before and after

• Sometimes I do.

• After.
    Before... I wouldn't get that

• I used to brush them before, but I read that it's better to brush them after, so that's what I do now.

• after!! wanna get out all that food lol

• I do both..

• Both 😋
    Filler

What Guys Said 10

• You shouldn't brush your teeth soon after eating. Many foods soften tooth enamel.

• Both, kind of. It's an important part of Shinto belief. We wash our mouths before a meal, and brush after.

• After breakfast

• You are supposed to brush them before rather than soon after because your enamel is softened after eating. It causes more damage to your teeth and enamel to brush after eating.

• Either that, or rinse and wait about half an hour before you brush after having eaten.

• It's so that your mouth's acidity can recover to its normal level first.

• Before eating breakfast

• Just a piece of advice here: It's not very wise to brush your teeth immediately after eating, especially when you've just ate something that contains sugar. Why? Most foods soften your enamel for a while. What does a relatively hard toothbrush do to soft things? It wears it down, and on top of that you're rubbing in the food particles. Always try to wait at least half an hour after eating before you brush so your saliva gets a chance to harden your teeth again first.

If you really can't wait, rinse your mouth a few times with water before you brush. This will get rid of most of the food-particles and neutralizes the sugars. It's not perfect, but making it a habit to rinse before you brush is a good thing.

Brushing before you eat is the better option. Rinse with an alcohol-solution such as mouthwash if you want to get rid of the toothpaste taste.

• I brush them before

• Brush before and mouthwash after. I heard brushing can hurt teeth after breakfast if any acidic foods are consumed.

• I brush my teeth after breakfast

• After, because you'll get food in your teeth.