Can I call the cops?

So this guy keeps coming to my house at night stands on the sidewalk and takes photos of my house the only reason why I even noticed him was because I was siting on my balcony and saw a camera flash, and I've been seeing these camera flashes a lot even before then a few times it was infront of my bedroom window but I thought it was lightening and chalked it off to nature being nature but now I know it's him it's beyond creepy and scary he's on the sidwalk and I haven't actually seen him with my own eyes on my property so will the police do anything if I call them about him? Or will they ignore me because when I confronted him (of course I didn't come down) he told me he was on public properity and the police can't do anything.

So I called it in and the police spoke to him but they came back to me and told me they can't do anything about it other then asking him nicely to leave he left but they said they couldn't do anything about it unless I saw him actually on my property and not on the sidewalk in front of my house but they did give me a non emergency number to call if he came on my property

Most Helpful Guy

• definetely!!!
    do u know this guy from before? anyway if he does this often just report... it's not normal, and if they ignore such thing they should be kicked out from their jobs...

What Guys Said 6

• Probably wouldn't hurt to file a report with the police. Although what he's doing isn't technically against the law, in some areas it may constitute stalking, especially if it's happened multiple times. Better to be safe than sorry. If necessary, contact the police when he's there so they can establish his identity and get a restraining order. That will bar him from coming near you or your house. Good luck! =^.^=

• Maybe he just likes the house ( I too have taken photos of houses I liked , before building one.)

Get your camera and take his face in photo. (or ask a neighbor to do it) It will cool him down.

• I would get that if it was happening in the morning and only happen once or twice but I think this has been going on a while and he only does it at night

• A peeping tom who doesn't know the OFF button for his flash?

• Depends on your country but i think if its a public property then the person who using now owns it and is responsible of it, and that nobody else has the right to take pics without authentication of the current resident, i think if you report it they will investigate why he is stalking.

• Yes call cops and take a photo of him too... he could be some robber planing to rob your house or something...
    Don't take a chance

• I dont think they can do anything other then speak with him. Being creepy isn't a crime.

• Don't confront him, he could be dangerous. Call the police on but not on the emergency number and tell them what's happening. If you can gather some evidence that will help. You could hide a video camera near your window and see if you can get him on tape.

Don't leave the house at night alone. Trust me, I've been stalked in the past.

What Girls Said 4

• Call the police. Menacing and loitering are common offences in most cities

• yes just call the cops

• I feel like if I do they might just think I'm being hysterical and blowing it out of proportion

• You should still call the police. Although he might be walking on public property he can't take photos of you. Maybe speak to a cop and just ask for their advice.

• He could take photos of her

• Yeah that's what i said but he shouldn't be allowed to. If you think he's taking photos the police should take you seriously.

• You should definitely call the police!