"Everyone has the same amount of happiness and sadness in their lives" do you agree?

I've met people who believes everyone shares the same amount of happiness and sadness in their lives, so if you are having hard time, something good will happen soon, but if you are having happy moment in your life, something bad will happen after.
do you agree that everyone has the same amount of happiness and sadness?

Most Helpful Guy

• No I believes it depends on how positive you go through life and how optimistic you are. sure the comes times where your positivity won’t be able to stop the trouble or tragedy in your life but it will have an impact on how long you will need to get over you sadness. All is say is that people that have a more positive outlook in live tend to be happier.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh no way. How about someone in Africa that has their entire village burned to the ground and their family killed? Or someone born in a north Korean prisoner of war camps? Or children born into abusive homes? Or people sold into slavery?
    My life can't hold a candle to that kind of sadness.

What Guys Said 12

• I think it falls under a bell curve, mei.

We have days that are utter joy with no sadness in them at all. We have days that are utter grief without a ray of light. Both these extremes are rare. The vast majority of days fall somewhere in the middle.

So too with people. Some people seem to have very happy lives with relatively little grief, whereas others are relatively sad with very little happiness. The majority of us fall in the middle.

• Well, the same amount is not always true unfortunately... but I agree that often when you say about someone that he or she deserves more luck, very often it will eventually come :-)
    Some have the luck that when they screw up they always get away with it... even when it's negligence.
    And some have a relationship with Murphy, unfortunately :o

• Hell no, some people are in extreme pain we cannot even imagine from genetic disorders you or I probably haven't heard of.

• I think this is completely false.

• Nope, that's nonsense. The only truth in it is you appreciate good times more when you have had bad. Happiness is a trait like strength. Some people just seem to have it without effort, most need to work to get it and some will never have much, no matter how hard they try.

• Nopeeee, I have no happinesssss

• How come you don't have happiness? :/ how about when you see your cute nephew?

• Oh no :( i see
      It is my old photo :D
      Hope you have a good night! Be happy!!!

• Thanks Mei

• No, not always the case

• Lol no, not at all, you couldn't possibly compare the suffering of someone who got hurt to say someone who is a prisoner of war. Or the sadness of someones lost dog to that of a lost family member, we don't have the same levels of sadness, suffering or happiness, life just doesn't work that way.

• No, where is there any base for this

• Where'd you get that from, a self help book?

• Yeah and some people i've talked to. I don't agree with them but since i've heard it several times i wanted to know others' opinions

• I disagree completely

• Yeah, everyone has their own share of happiness and sadness at different points of time.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't agree. I guess those who don't deserve happiness (for whatever reason) has it and vice versa. It kind of balances out in a way. But not the part where everyone has the same amount of happiness and sadness.

• Everyone can experience those 2 emotions, it just depends on the circumstances. We all have certain things that would hurt as more than another and this will be different for each person but hurt and sadness stays hurt and sadness regardless of the person and what happened. However I don't believe that if you have a happy moment it will lead to something bad. It's all about chances. I also believe in self fulling prophecy so what you put in is often what you get out.

• No. That sounds like a dumb, insensitive statement created by someone who's desperately trying to show off what they think they know.

• No. Not in the least! O. o

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read!

• I've heard several times Lol and i do not agree but i wanted to know what others think :)

• No, I don't agree with this. Those who are rich, celebs kids or Royal children have it easy. They have less stress.
    Middle and lower class people cNt

• no i don't think its accurate

• I think only privileged people say such stuff in order to be able to be less empathetic about the sadness of other people's lives.

• i do not agree

• Nah that's bullshit

• no. because some people are born into better circumstances than others.