Control of my diabetes?

Diabetes runs in my family. Luckily out of all my mother children I was the one to get it. I've been diagnosed since I was 11 I'm now 15 . I was doing great the first 2 years but fell of track when they made me wait a long time to receive more medication. I've known from then I would of been a mess. I went to the doctor yesterday and my blood level was 274 when I got home I took the dosage I was supposed to take and it went all the way down to 84 I started feeling awful , I drank orange juice and it went back to the level it was supposed to be on. Okay I'm saying all of this because I love sweet stuff and I want to cut it off and keep my blood levels under control. How can I control my diabetes. ? Please help

Most Helpful Guy

• As a diabetic i recommend staying away from all sweets , cut back on bread especially White break is bad , take your blood sugars regular and walking is good for lowering diabetes but never be without something sweet encase you run low but try eating more greens such as salads, fish, stay away from Ice cream it's terrible for blood sugars.

Most Helpful Girl

• Type 1 or 2 cuz there is a big difference between them

• I have it too. I have an A1C of 6.5. Control is possible, all you have to do is this:
      1. Exercise everyday or every other day for at least 20 minutes (I run everday for like 30-50mins)
      2. Eat healthy, avoid super sugary foods to a few times a week, avoid food with a high glycemic index (white bread)
      3. Don't guess when counting carbs, keep a carb counting book with you
      4. Constantly check your blood, 6-10 times a day or more
      5. Make sure you have a check up with an endocrinologist every 3 months so they can make adjustments to your dosages, the goal is to keep your blood sugar between 80-180 so proper correction and constant testing makes this work

• Also, if you like sweet stuff (like I do too hehe), have fruits most of the time and have chocolate or cake (take insulin for it) because it is a slow-acting sugar and can be counted for with insulin. Sweets like hard candies and soda you can't have at all unless you have low blood sugar cuz its fast acting.

What Guys Said 5

• exercise exercise exercise. and just maintain half of your dietary restraints, you can still enjoy the gift of food in life.

• You won't like to hear this, but diet and medication. But just because you're diabetic doesn't mean you can't eat well or have to give up what you like. You just have to be more careful. Less carbs or more stable carbs, more veggies, more lean meats. Watch the sodium intake.

• Are you type 1 or type 2?

• There's no doctor on the site.

• Take metformin once a day in the morning and 4 units of humolog twice a day in the morning and night

Good luck

What Girls Said 0