Is it technically possible for a 30 year old adult to be bullied by a 10 year old kid?

^see above

i mean physical abuse mostly

Most Helpful Girl

• Kids bully Kids - but their words and actions are the quintessential juvenile behaviours that often get masked as "kids being kids". It's also assumed bullying happens in schools, and though we're on a big crusade now to combat bullying, it still goes on.

Adults bully Kids - their words are often masked as being ageist, and they no longer pull hair and tell Yo Mama jokes to make a kid react. Instead they use fear and condescension to make a child feel bad. In some cases, they will use physical violence also. A public example of this was on the internet when an adult bullied someone her child knew in school on Facebook. abcnews.go.com/.../story?id=20617247

Adults bully Adults - this is common in the workplace. Anyone over the age of 18 probably has seen it happen when cliques can attack an individual or one individual is constantly put in uncomfortable situations purposely. It also happens in traffic when there is roadrage. It happens in relationships when one is being abusive. In our neighbourhoods when people who live close by to each other try to do things to control or ruin a peaceful existence together and overstep boundaries of what is acceptable as neighbours.

Kids bully Adults - Yes. Even though it might not be as common, the behaviour of a child as I mentioned in the Kids bully Kids example is still there, only done to purposely torment an adult. Constant name-calling, teasing, and acting out in ways that can cause harm to them or their property is bullying. Adults will never admit to this as they are the ones who are supposed to control their environment and come to a resolution to get the child to stop. Often times, it can work, but not often will the adult tell anyone they've been bullied. They'll likely just say they were harassed or that a kid was being a delinquent. But technically, bullying is still what it is. It's just semantics.

What Girls Said 8

• It's possible, I mean, you could get continuously harassed by one until you reach breaking point. Physically, I don't think they could cause much damage unless they were very strong and you were very thin/frail.

• Absolutely kids believe their parents all the time

• Technically possible. I highly doubt it's happened before though lol unless that's some pretty messed up and deranged kid who can taunt a person triple their age lol how you even come up with these questions is beyond me.

• I just use some imagination... :D

• Sure. Kids can be so evil.

• it could be possible

• kids can be shitheads so yes

• kids are assholes, it's extremely possible

• I guess but the 30 yr old should be mature enough to handle it.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes - In a non physical way - Such as if you don't do what I say I will say you touched me for example

• Oh wow.. That's pretty bad. That's a threat. I think of bullying to be more like putting someone through personal torture that may or may not involve physical harm. Just overall angst. I think of the constant teasing and pranks a kid can pull on adults, making them go nuts. I would have never thought of it as bullying, but if it was to another child it would be.

• I tagged you in that post because I loved your attitude about why you should block someone. It's been perceived here that it's cowardly and something "only females do" and after reading your reasoning, it's made me start to block anyone who is simply doing the same -- interrupting my enjoyment of the site. That doesn't include disagreements, it just means I'm sick of the shit. I don't need to be called rude for having an opinion, or that I'm a maggot for supporting women's rights. I don't need the reactive spouts of anger coming from people who don't know me who make attempts at questioning my self-worth. Not happening. I was bullied at a young age to know how it felt and how to never feel that way again. It's cost me jobs and relationships speaking out and standing up for myself, but I did it, and did it for good reason. (Even up til recently with an employer.) It never gets old to stick it to someone who tries to pull me down.

• @Ozanne I think that is good way to be - Don't change for anyone

• If you're an absolute wuss maybe or this kid is like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of children. This is relating to physical abuse you mentioned above. Mentally and verbally it is absolutely possible.

• Sure they can. Especially since teenagers have a harder time depicting the consequences of their actions. The strong always pray on the weak, and even adults can be weak compared to a teenager who is full of life.

I searched for it a bit and came across this article:
    lifestyle.inquirer.net/.../

• That article also highlights how badly people overreact to sensitive issues. Does the old lady really need $630k in donations because she was bullied? Of course companies want a piece of the PR-pie too, so she was offered free trips, cruises and a new car. Kind, yet insidious. And do the teenagers really deserve the onslaught of death threats? I always find it unsettling to see how people react to things like this.

• I guess so, though we probably wouldn't blame them too much if it just happened from time to time... and if no damage to goods or aggression were involved!

• yeah it's possible, mainly because you can't really say anything back without looking like an asshole while the kid is 'just being a kid'.

• Sure, but I don't think it happens often.

• I've heard of instances where parents were literally afraid of their children because the child, even at age 10, would physically hit them and even threaten to kill them

• 0|0
  • that is really really sad and pathetic

• Id hope not but hey prison rules

• Physically yes if the 30 yr old was paralyzed

• That must be one intimidating kid.

• Few times...