Do people tell you, you look younger / older than your age?

No person have ever guessed my age correctly when they see and meet me the first time.

My mom's colleague asked me when we had dinner together "where are you studying?" My mom was like "she's already working" "Ohhh i thought she's just 16!!"

Another dinner but with my colleagues, one visitor said "ohh you've brought a young one here", "no she's not young!! She's the same age as you!"

Share yours!

• Yes - I look younger they say!
    55% (24)47% (9)52% (33)Vote
  • Yes - I look mature they say!
    27% (12)42% (8)32% (20)Vote
  • No - My face is at it is, my age!
    18% (8)11% (2)16% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
33|13

Most Helpful Guy

• Many people say I look younger than my age... which isn't something positive :(

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i get into embarrassing situations where i meet new people (both genders) and we don't ask each other's ages and they assume i'm younger than them, treat me like a little sister and tell me i'm young and not to worry about the problems i have. and then later we find out that i'm 7-8 years older and i just want to disappear ><

i sometimes date guys up to 10 years younger and i tell them i'm 22 and they say i look 18-19 (their age) and i feel bit strange but it's ok.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• It depends how i dress and if i shave
    but regardless people usually guess i am 21-23
    i am 19 though :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I probably look around my age but when I am tired I look a lot older

0|0
    0|0
  • People say I look my age most of the time. The few times someone says I look younger is a HUGE boost for me, can't lie.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone thinks I'm 27 or thereabouts. Woo!

0|0
    0|0
  • Fortunately, younger! :))

I get the 25-28 a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I get mistaken for a teenager a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • most seem to think late 30's, which i guess is good

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm often taken to be about 50 so I look much younger

0|0
    0|0
  • Well this one varies. When I have my beard and mustache I look a lot older then my age. If I shave I look my age and maybe even younger. .-.

0|0
    0|0
  • No some say i look older than my real age, others does not say anything

0|0
    0|0
  • my age is older than me

0|0
    0|0
  • People sometimes assume that I am in my mid-20s...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 32

• Anyone who meets me or doesn't know my age always presumes that I'm about 30. Weird, since when I was a teen people thought I was in my 20s back then. For the last 25 years or so my look has been within the seven year range of range of 23-30. I'm not complaining. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people guess I am younger.
    Very few people guess close to my age (which is good).

I feel great that I look younger, I feel so old sometimes :-O

0|0
    0|0
  • People never tell me I look younger... But it has varies about whether I look older or my age.

When I was growing up/younger people always assumed that I was older. Like when I was 11-14 people assumed I was 16-19.

But as I got older and especially now people are starting to become more accurate with my age either they're exact or pretty close. Which makes since it's still the age range they were guessing to begin with... I just finally reached it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm.. it depends. Sometimes I'd get comments like "so how old are you? say 14/15?" and I'm like "I'm 17, thanks". But when I do get dressed up I'd look like I'm 18 or 19. When I was talking over the phone to a distant relative not long ago, she thought I was already 20 when in fact I'm only 17!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, younger unfortunately 😞

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been told I look younger a lot. The youngest I've gotten was that I looked 14 when I was 16. I look the same now as I did when I was 16. Both my sister and I look really young for our age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a special creature~~~
    Some say I look older, some say I look younger, then what the f*cking heck age do I look like? 😱😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm like you. Most people assume I'm younger than I am. I had something similar happen where someone asked if I was still in school when I work full-time. The look of shock on the man's face was priceless, haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was a freshman in high school (Just last year) a ton of people mistook me as a sophomore or junior. I think it helps that I wear a lot of formal-ish, classy outfits. (Dresses, skirts, blazers, nice blouses) I also act pretty mature for my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • i mostly get the younger thing.. blind people..

0|0
    0|0
  • usually younger
    but i'm not sure if this is because they genuinely think that or they don't want to offend
    women can be sensitive about the age thing, ya know

some people say i sound younger as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently I look anywhere from 22-28 years old and no one ever thinks I am actually 35 years old. I am more than ok with that!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • In real life people tell me I look 13-16. On the internet people tell me I look 17-25, most of the time it's 21-25.

I think it's because I wear eyeliner and lipstick in my selfies and that makes me look way older. One day I wore makeup and as I was walking down the stairs my mom laughed and said "you look 25!" And she usually tells me I look my age. So the make up definatly makes me look older. also the camera adds 10 lb.

0|0
    0|0
  • They say I look older than my age. I'm 14 but people say I look 16. I actually like when people say I look older than my age I just don't know. As long as they say I look 20 years old

0|0
    0|0
  • That I look my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I've had a lot of people tell me that I look 18 or 19 and even when I'd go out to some clubs, they're so quick to try and mark me as a minor lol :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Younger :) :)

Makes me happy

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how I dress/do my hair. I USUALLY get younger, but I've gotten older a few times. Doesn't help that I'm 5'3.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends.. actually I look my age, but when I get dressed up then I look 20 :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm told that I look younger than my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • People say I look older. And I've only had one lady tell me I look 12. Others say 17.

0|0
    0|0
  • You see by yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I look my age.
    Some think I'm younger, but not by much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most say I look up to 4 years younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • no one has ever correctly guessed my age. when I was younger they thought I was older, now that I'm almost 40 people assume I'm younger... mid 30's.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm told I look younger. 😒

0|0
    0|0
  • I own my age
    I guess that's why people guess correctly?

0|0
    0|0
  • when ever I would go to get my hair cut or get my nails done I was told I looked 16

0|0
    0|0
  • I like looking "older", No one really questions me lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, at times when my mum's not around I've been mistaken for my dad's wife... and he's 35 years older than me... *dies of embarrassment*

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls