What won't hurt to eat when you have strep throat?

Most Helpful Guy

• Broth, pureed soups, anything smooth. Split pea soup, cream of potato, that kind of thing. If you need something with more oomph, then you can try some semi-solids, just be sure to chew the heck out of them before you swallow. As gross as it sounds, it should be like mush in your mouth or it'll hurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not much. :/ I had strep a couple months ago and it hurt to even swallow water. Your best bet is to take ibuprofen to ease the pain so you can eat. Then stick to semi-soft food such as pasta or mashed potatoes (I was actually able to eat normally after taking ibuprofen, so it's whatever you can handle). And I recommend getting some soft liquid-based foods to keep you hydrated, such as jello or sorbet or popsicles.

What Guys Said 2

• Everything hurts! Sorry! :O
    Some stuff is not as bad. (Apple sauce, spaghettiOs, various soups).
    I hope ya feel better soon!

• Ice cream!

What Girls Said 4

• I've had strep throat a few times and it suuuucks! I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!!

I'd recommend smoothies popsicles, freezies, brothy soup and oatmeal. They are all soothing to the throat because of the cold / heat, but also soft and non scratchy. Just stay away from thing like crackers and chips that will scratch at your throat going down. Stick to mushy foods that aren't acidic (they'll upset your tummy)

• Loads of Popsicles.

• your medication!!!

• broth, steamed white rice in warm water, fresh fruit (except citrus)