If Feminism really is about "equality of the sexes", why isn't anything being done about key MALE issues?

We were discussing Feminism in class today, and for some reason there wasn't ANYTHING on male issues AT ALL. Everything mentioned was about female oppression and the gender pay gap.

I even asked the teacher if we were going to cover any male-specific issues, and she just pretty much laughed and said no.

If Feminism is realyl trying to lift oppression suffered by BOTH sexes, why are we still being taught by idiots like my teacher?

Most Helpful Girl

• People who ask questions like this are probably the reason why 😂😂😂

• What do you mean "this kind of question" ... my question is perfectly valid and I'm not attacking/insulting anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• why do you think feminism has anything to do with males?

• Well I don't really. I'm just saying that Feminism is *supposed* to be helping both genders.

• where did you get that idea? feminism has always been about helping women, it never had anything to do with men

What Girls Said 1

• ... what male issues? Honestly I want to know.

• Family Courts, Masculinity, Depression, Homelessness, Pay, etc...

listverse.com/.../

• Don't quote issues like that, it makes it seem like you don't give a shit.

Fact is more men are homeless, more men are depressed, more men face family court issues.

You clearly haven't done enough research to have much say in this.

• Male victims of rape and domestic abuse are not taken seriously. In fact, the Duluth Model states that only men can be aggressors.

What Guys Said 4

• because unfortunately you can be a teacher and still be a huge fucking idiot.

• Because feminism isn't about equality. Not a single thing has been done for men.

• I don't know bout you but being male is better than being a girl.. I got no issues. Betas on the other hand have..

• Its all about money and power for the majority of feminists not true ALL ACROSS THE BOARD equality. Why do you think that the majority of women want equality in just about everything except dating and war?