What do Brits think of American accents and style of speech?

Just wondering because most Americans think the Brit accent very sexy

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's hilarious

• Yeah, I can understand that. Most of the time people from different regions (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland) find it hard to understand each other, let alone a foreigner understanding us. Then you get different accents for different regions of those regions etc etc. America must be quite diverse like that too? It's pretty large.

• We do have regional variations but it isn't difficult to understand them

What Girls Said 3

• Well that's hard to say... There's a lot of different Ameeican accents.

• Yeah we do have regional variations but to keep it simple do you like the more eastern or western styles or none at all?

• Umm... I honestly never thought of it like that.

My favorite accent in America is southern/country if that counts.

• OK more like from Texas?

• I know @levin loooooves mine! :)

• I like them but don't particularly love American accents haha

• I like Brits but love their accaccents and think it's very sexy when women speak it

What Guys Said 7

• I'm not British, I'm Spanish, and I love the American accent, it's really sexy. It's my favorite accent.

• this one britt girl said she loves my accent lol

• That would interesting but they would have to specify what part of state and what state they were referring to because America has over 6+ different accents.

• We do but they're not as different as someone from England vs someone from Scotland. I think in America the most different and hardest to understand is some of the African American accents

• Yeah, we have so many different accents, dialects and variations it's crazy.

• Never got what the yanks saw in it. They have no idea which accent they even like either.
    Meh, I love Twisted Fate's voice from LOL if that helps.

• It depends on the individual girl.

• south is dopey...

• I can barely understand American accents. I find it annoying how their 'a' sound like e'', 'o' sounds like 'a' and 'e' sounds like 'i'. And they really put emphasis on 'r'. It's not necessary

• Downvotes. Probably American. Cause I can choose which accents I can understand same as you can right?