What is reddit? is it safe?

Can it give you viruses?
Can it post to facebook?
Is it free?

Most Helpful Guy

• Reditts just a forum website. There's nothing really wrong with the site itself but some of the content the users put up is pretty bad. like there was a big scandal where people would post child porn anounomously and stuff and the
    Website did nothing to get rid of it until they were forced too. It's also filled with
    Your standard Internet weirdos, who have a deep contempt for all who possess a uterus so I wouldn't recommend going on it, but if you want to go ahead.

• Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 8

• if you click on a "bad link" then yeah it can give you a virus lol. but that can happen anywhere Alex :P

and it is free. just a lot of damn trolls but the trolls and people overall on reddit are funny as knobs! but the population is bigger so it makes sense lol.

• 1. Yes it can give you viruses, ALL webpages can. But is it more risky than other places? No!
    2. Not without permissions to do so, no.
    3. it is free

okay, know one thing; it's a strange place. Not as bad as 4chan, but if you browse it at random be prepared for some... ehm... interresting encounters. Mostly it's safe, but it got its shady sides too. And don't mind the trolls.

• Yes its safe its a website where there are over hundreds have different section where you can ask questions and share things. They even have a huge rate me section for people who like to ask rate me questions like you, it takes like 10 seconds to create an account its super easy to use

• It's just another social media platform. One of the biggest actually. You follow subjects you're interested in and it goes to your feed where all the shit you like is or you can go to the subject's reddit and see what everyone is talking about there.

Welcome to the internet, where have you been? lol

• From bottom to top: yes it is free, you can chose whether you want to post on facebook, yes some links on reddit can lead to viruses, any community or forum site can be unsafe and it is a community forum site kind of like GaG, but much different in many aspects.

• What are those aspects?

• well I've found users there to be more interesting tbh :P they discuss more relevant things in my opinion. The site wouldn't be so colourful like GaG and I think profiles are also different in it without any 'follow' option. I don't have an account but I've read many topics on it, and they seemed fun

• Well in order to get a virus you usually have open an executable (. exe) file from you computer which is downloaded from some other source... so if you don't download random (asdfxxs. exe) stuff you should be ok... and you should get anti virus software...

• It's a platform where people post stuff in subreddits. Everything has a subreddit. Really.

• Reddit is free, it doesn't give you virus posting to FB not sure. It's one of the bigger social media style sites, beware of the trolls though

What Girls Said 1

• It is a forum website, that is going down. If you have read the news about the scandal, you may know.