Why does "Allah hu Akbar" have a negative connotation?

Allah hu Akbar means "God is great" in Arabic.
Muslims, Christians and Jews use it. It's not a declaration of terrorism like the media makes it out to be.

If a brown guy said it on a plane he would be arrested on the spot and detained and sent to Guantanamo.

If a white guy said God is great, nothing would happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of terrorists say it before a terrorist attack.

Most Helpful Guy

• because saying "allah hu akbar" right before you blow yourself and several people to pieces will not give it a negative connotation?

It's becaus it's stereotypically used by muslim terrorists right before committing an act of terrorism.

It's like with the swastika; an original meaning warped to something evil thanks to the actions of a small group of people.

What Girls Said 1

• It's making fun of muslims, that was the purpose of the vine

What Guys Said 7

• I just say it because it's funny lmao.

Whenever I play video games like GTA or Battlefield I just stick bombs on my car and drive into people and blew them up saying it. xD

• No-no, as a joke its fine but like some of those unexpected jihads videos are hilarious, I'm talking about when people take it seriously. Or feel threatened for no reason.

• Isn't that Xenophobia?
      I have nothing against Islam, it is a peaceful religion. Everyone associates Islam with Terrorism. Why don't people associate Christianity with the KKK? They're both minorities of bad people. Doesn't mean an entire religion should be associated with them. People who think that are so fucking dumb. It really angers me.

• Same reason why "Let's sit around a campfire and sing some Christian rock music" sends shivers down my spine.

• If a brown guy said it on a plane, yelled it, had a weapon on him or a trigger to set a bomb off, yes, he SHOULD be hauled away. Way to be a pussy and make yourself anonymous.

• So when people give money to charity anonymously they're pussys?
      Please...

• I say it when playing war games and shooting a bazooka

• Well, anyone who wants to say it on a plane can blame terrorists in the middle east for the consequences.

• I was on an Emirates flight and the pilot who was Muslim said a prayer, a couple of white folk got shook, it was hilarious!

• Its not something to joke about..

• America's done this shit for years. They always find someone new to discriminate against.

• It's not the words. People are just prejudiced against muslims -.-