Do the items you're purchasing determine which cashier you are going to go to?

Having been a cashier for a couple of years, the line of people and what they bought was basically a blur and I could have cared less what they purchased, but on the other end of things sometimes some cashiers get really weird, or personal, or you just don't want them to know what personal products you are buying. I bought some sexy lingerie once and the only person to ring up was a guy and he said to me, "oh I wonder who these are for, wink, wink." It was so inapproriate. I also bought condoms once for my boyfriend and the cashier paused on just that item and looked up at me, and then rang it up. I was like, yeah, now you know we have safe sex, what the hell is wrong with that? So when purchasing certain more prsonal items do you go to a same sex cashier or the self checkout, or you don't care.

• I go to the same sex cashier
  • It doesn't matter, whomever is available
  • I go to a store with self-check out so I don't have to bother with human beings

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't bother me either way, really. I don't offend easily, and if a cashier is ballsy enough to make a comment on what I'm buying, they should be able to handle whatever response I give. For example, someone may say, "That's sexy looking underwear." I'll reply, "Yeah, I'm sure my dog will love it. It's just his size."

I'm at best terribly sarcastic; poke yourself into my life, don't be surprised to get nipped. I'm paid to be a people person, but when I'm off the clock... well, let's say I'm good at turning it into the anti-social network.

• You're right... you could say something back, but unfortunately, I'm not the type, so I pretty much just grab my bag and dart off.

• *nods* I understand. And normally, that's how my transactions go. I use self checkout when I can. But there have been a few times I can't and a brave cashier will make a comment. Sometimes I'll fire off a reply, sometimes I just ignore it. Depends on my mood.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I buy pads, I will typically go to a female cashier.

• I always do self check out or a female cashier with fem products. I always think, well what if it just happens to be a cute guy and then out from the cart comes the tampons, and the ice cream, and the midol, lol... its too soon in our are we or aren't we dating phase for him to know my personal stuff, LOL.

• Hahaha !! I love self check out!

What Guys Said 8

• And I prefer the younger cashiers because they are less judgmental and personally could not care less.

• It makes no difference to me and i never encountered a cashier
    who makes remarks on what i was buying and i think I've always
    been respected by people ,

• Usually I don't think about it - Life is too short

• that's a good way to think about it.

• No I don't let myself feel pressured into certain ones. If they give me any lip about what I buy I just say "Do you not want people to buy YOUR products?"

• I am a proud, sue happy American and I am always looking for an excuse to sue a cashier for sexual harassament. So if a cashier makes a comment about me buying condoms, well then "Hello 1 million $ lawsuit!"

• I go to whoever is avalible, if I was buying tampons or pads for my girlfriend I wouldn't care who I go to as long as I can buy them 😊

• Same sex cashier when im buying condoms. Makes it less weird. Plus the guy usually give me props.

• I know all my cashier so not sure if Im bias

What Girls Said 7

• I don't buy anything I would want to hide but if I did, I would probably line up behind a female cashier.

• Zero cares given. Their job is to cashier not judge me.

• The store that I go to has people that knows me, so I go for the female cashier. Sometimes, it doesn't happen. I don't get to pick which one I want to go to.

• Whoever is available really. If everyone at a cashier is full and packed, I'll go to self serve

• I used to care when I was younger. After high I have a more "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

• Nope, I dont care if guys see if I'm buying personal products.

• I feel weird checking out with a male cashier period tbh 😂😕