Does anyone else hate it when other people vent to you?

Like about all of their bullshit and their problems and they expect you to ease their stress by taking it on for them and being their Tylenol in a sense
I hate it. I don't like listening to others issues

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I mean, that is kind of why I'm here on GAG. People have problems and need someone to talk to. I like listening to people's issues and at least trying to help them out. I may not be the best advice giver, but I like to try at least.

I find it kind of funny though how this is question is seemingly ranting about how people annoyingly rant xD

Most Helpful Girl

• No I actually enjoy it. I mean if we didn't like it about half of us wouldn't be on GAG because some of us have problems while the rest have the solution.

But what I do hate about when my friends come to vent to me is when they vent to me about something that bugs them that someone else does especially if it's one of our other friends when they went and did the same exact sh*t and they deny it and act like they're so much better. And if I mention it they're like that's old stuff, I came to talk to you you're suppose to be on my side, etc. But they don't want to here the truth or take the helpful advice.

What Guys Said 6

• Not particularly. I don't mind it, really. If I'm able to alleviate their stress and even help them out with their problems, then I'm perfectly content.
    Gossip is something I don't like. If they want to just spread gossip and a bunch of stuff that's not true and they don't know anything about, I do not want to listen to it and I will leave the room if people bring it up.

• Nope I encourage it to be honest, everyone needs someone to vent to, besides I attract people with problems and having been listening to tons of people vent for years, I am pretty used to it.

• 0|0
  • Doesn't bother me, that's why I'm here.

• If someone's having a shit day, a venting might make them feel better

• I love it, in fact I encourage it to all of my friends! 😊

What Girls Said 9

• Depends are we friends, because friends are supposed to help you deal with shit. But since you seem to have such a poor attitude towards it, I hope you don't expect people to listen to you when you are upset, frankly, you don't deserve the help if you don't give help in return...

• I don't mind it as long as it isn't 24/7 and becomes a part of my life. I don't need that much stress in my life if I have my own to deal with.

• Yes and no. I don't mind hearing them out and giving them my advice, but don't expect me to work out their problems

• No I don't hate it. But I seldom have the words to comfort them so I feel bad because they vent and I greet them with silence.

• It depends on the person. Some people just vent about stupid things or trying to get compliments or just talk about themselves, THAT'S annoying. But when someone is telling me deep personal stuff that's really awesome and I love that they feel so open with me.

• It just means they trust you enough to listen to them. When people vent to you, half the time you don't need to say anything. Just let them vent and say everything will be alright and you are strong.

I am more of a compassionate person, so I listen and give honest responses. But, I could see where you come from. Especially if it's stupid issues like a guy and it contradicts what they do and say.

• Honestly annoying.. esp when i have things to do/my own stressors...

• isn't that part of what friends are for, to be there for each other when we're down? ?

• Yes I really do because I honestly do not care. I have no idea what good it's gonna do especially if you're talking to me about it.