Morality Test: If you got into a car accident where the other party's car was damaged would you leave if there was no witness?

No one was hurt, the car owner wasn't at the scene, and there is no witness to the accident. What would you do? I wanna believe I'd do the right thing.

• Panic and drive off
  • Call the police to report it
  • Leave a note with contact information
  • Leave a fake note in case there are witnesses hiding around with a camera phone
  • Call a friend or family member to ask what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• I would leave a note with my phone number to call me.

I've had people hit my car and not leave a note and I've had people hit my car and leave a note. I'd never hit and run someone's car. it's effed up

• It is messed up but some people act differently when the problem actually appears in front of them. But it's good you strong sense of justice based on past experiences.

• you're right about how people behave while people are watching vs. when they aren't

that is the true test of ethics and morals... It's about what you do when no one is watching otherwise you aren't acting on true morals but what societal expectations might be

What Guys Said 4

• I'd wait 15 minutes tops for the owner, any longer and I leave my contact info on a note.

Karma is a bitch and I don't need her to come after me.

• I would go B or C - My conscience wouldn't let me do anything else

• B and possibly C. I'd at least note down the plate so I could get in touch with the owner some way or another. I feel guilty about such things rather easily.

• I had it happen. I was on a motorcycle tour of Ireland and stopped in a large gravel parking lot filled with cars. My foot was stiff and i slipped and dropped the bike. It creased the door of a car. There was no way to find the owner so i left a note with my address in England where i was living at the time. I told him I was sorry and to send me the bill. He did and I sent him the money with an extra ten quid, apologized again for the trouble I'd put him to and told him to have a drink on me.

He sent me an effusive letter back (maybe he was surprised to get paid) with fulsome praise for the English character. I didn't have the heart to tell him I am American.

What Girls Said 5

• I would wait maybe 30 minutes for them and if they didn't show up I would leave my contact info.

I wouldn't want someone to do that to me. Might as well take responsibility.

• 30 minutes? You're being generous. I wouldn't wait that long unless I called the police to the scene.

• This is hard, lol since I'm new to the driving world. I'd be way too scared to call the police and I'd feel like a bad person for leaving just a contact information note. Because I'm scared, I'd probably drive away but thatsbthe wrong thing to do. I'd probably call my mom too. I'd do all of the above tbh

• I would stay, shit happens and you need to deal with the consequences.

• It's actually illegal to run of if I remember correctly, anyway, I would stay and call the cops.

• Yeah it is illegal. That's why I included no witness. Basically it's, if you know you can get away with it would you?

• Yes but only if there was someone to take down the license plate number.

• I think they'd do that if they know someone ran away.

• I would leave a note or wait around