Should I smoke and let it go?

I'm really depressed should I smoke and forget about this depression? (cigarettes)

Most Helpful Girl

• Smoking is a very bad habit and you're literally harming your health every time you smoke so basically you are saying OK let me just harm my body even more despite having depression too. It's not going to make you feel better nor will it make your problems go away. In fact then you 2 have problems... not 1.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suggest treating the issue (depression) directly and not covering up the symptoms with cigarettes. It won't really help you to smoke.

However, if you need help with your current depression, I'd be glad to offer what advice I can, or you can ask a question about it to try and seek some advice. Depression often is helped with someone to talk to, whether it be a psychiatrist, friend, parent, or anonymous GAGer. Smoking won't help you with it.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't smoke cigs please! They are really icky cx go see someone who can help. Talk to a friend. Eat a tub of ice cream. Get stoned. Depression is a real problem. It's hard to live with. But it can get better. Maybe you just need more seratonin? But don't get addicted to anything because of your depression. It makes it so much worse

• Go exercise, eat healthy, get plenty of sleep and start a new hobby. African proverb says "If you have time to be sad you aren't working hard enough." So go and do something with your life instead of financing cancer industry.

• Nope.
    That won't help with it.

• I've been there, and am trying really hard to quit smoking and find healthier ways to deal with my stress. Coz apparently smoking is bad for you and causes cancer and stuff.
    And a note on depression: you can't forget about it. You can only face it and work through it.

What Guys Said 3

• I implore you not to start smoking - It is so unhealthy

• smoking is just going to kill you

• how does smoking help you forget about your depression lol, you need some liquor or pot for that.