Is it wrong that I can only like guys whom I admire?

I always tell my female friends that money is not important, cars, houses, jobs are also not important at all, if you love a guys, nothing is important.

However, I found out myself really not interested with the guys without a good job, without cars etc. They don't have to be rich, but at least they have to try hard and be well educated and have a decent job. For those guys who said they "love" me, but they don't have a good job, I really don't find them interesting, although they may look very good. I need them to work hard and play hard, they need to be sincere to life.

Am I wrong?

• You are wrong. Only bitches think job is important
  • You are not wrong, everybody should work hard

Most Helpful Guy

• It is normal to expect a mate to pull their weight. I know a girl who broke up with her fiance last year because he didn't put any effort out to help around the house or improve his job situation. He missed out - she was attractive, smart, ambitious and had a sweet personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is normal, you just have standards. I'm the same way, for example, I usually appreciate a potential partner more if he has some type of above average status or holds a decent job. I've wondered if this makes me shallow but I'm sure they'd want the same. You're fine, you just know what type of life/ partner is best for you. Personally, I want someone who can inspire me and motivate me to be the best person I can be. When a guy can't help me be a better person or inspire me I won't stay interested very long.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think it's wrong as long as you hold yourself to the same standards, you can't expect/demand him to have a good job, have a car, a good house, good money... and you don't, it would be kinda hypocritical and you may be seen as a gold digger.

• It's only bad if it's hypocritical. That is. if you don't have a similarly good career, or aren't aspiring to other interesting life goals, then yeah, you're being shallow.

• *claps slowly*
    *applause erupts from crowd*

thanks for being honest!
    i think 99% of women think like this
    they say one thing but want another

• I agree with B everyone should work hard

• This is why I'm asexual. Women are not truly capable of love they only use us men to get by. They'll love you forever until you break an ankle and can't work.

• bullshit. I pay my own bill, I never use men to buy me anything. But we have to be equally good.

• You're lying and you know it sweety.

• Nothing is wrong i can say you are an example of perfect women

What Girls Said 1

• I pride myself on working hard and find it an attractive quality in men;; I don't think that's wrong.