I've started to hate doing something I once loved?

I used to love doing this activity, I wanted it to be my full time job one day. It was my dream but since depression hit me I don't love it anymore and it seems like a chore to do it. Do I really hate it or is the depression making me hate it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's tough to say. Depression can certainly have that impact on the things you love but it's also possible that you began to hate the activity and having to put so much energy into something you hate drove you into depression. So which came first? Either way, you should consult with a therapist and try to work your way out of the depression. Then if you still hate doing it, then you know it wasn't just because of the depression and you should look for something else.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say it is the depression - Its an absolute curse

What Girls Said 1

• Depression can effect every aspect of your life. It could be that it is just clouding your judgement and that you really don't hate it. Likewise people can change their mind over time. Don't make any drastic changes and focus on getting better. Once that is under control it will be easier to make a decision.

What Guys Said 2

• Usually when an aspect of one's self changes it makes things around him take on a different feel... so because you are depressed your brain is receiving altered signals about things... even if it's something you do everyday

• Sounds like you may just be depressed.