I hate people who turn off their "shows others messages read" in the settings for apple product. is it just me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like it at all when people are keeping track of if you read their messages or not - It puts pressure on you, you could be busy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never want to have it on!! That's one of the things I hate about facebook messenger, is that you can see if a person has seen your message / they can see if you've seen theirs. There are plenty of valid reasons why someone might have seen a message and not replied yet and all it does is cause insecurity when you see the "seen" message and no reply. No thanks!!

What Guys Said 2

• well they just don't want you to know they're intentionally ignoring you lol. it doesn't affect me, i own a Samsung anyway so people don't know if i read or not.

• You mean the same thing you have with Whatsapp?

What Girls Said 3

• I turn it off.
    Truth is... sometimes I ignore people. Sometimes I will read their text, gauge the importance level, and decide to wait hours to reply if I'm busy. If I don't have time to construct a certain type of thought then I won't. So I don't actually want to make them feel bad that I'm ignoring them lol

• I hate them too, but I hate everyone who uses apple products =P

• they don't want you to know they're ignoring you. .